Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided that I want my cake and eat it too, so switching back to ISO (movie-only) and using RPi2, HiMedia Q5 and soon Zidoo X6 Pro interchangeably. Hard to decide on a single box, and I figured I'd stop chasing such a solution and don't need to. Decoded HD audio or passed, apps/not, internal/external player solutions; use as situation/needs point to one box or another.
Thank you all for the very detailed responses. Just made the decision to get the RPI2 now. Cant wait to get it all set up and running.
(2015-10-02, 22:42)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Decided that I want my cake and eat it too, so switching back to ISO (movie-only) and using RPi2, HiMedia Q5 and soon Zidoo X6 Pro interchangeably. Hard to decide on a single box, and I figured I'd stop chasing such a solution and don't need to. Decoded HD audio or passed, apps/not, internal/external player solutions; use as situation/needs point to one box or another.

RPi2 could be a the perfect box only if it support Bitstream Audio,maybe RPi3Wink
The strength of the rpi2 from the video perspective is that the gpu is identical to the rpi1. Therefore all the work that had been done on rpi1 didn't need any rework for rpi2.

Introduce an rpi3 with an upgraded chip that can do hd passthrough, then I would think the gpu will change (and people will expect h265 and 4k by then), and a lot of work may then be redundant.

So be careful what you wish for.
On a different note, I may be warming up to HiMedia Q5's image processing engine. Usually don't like digital processing, even Darbee, but after doing some A/B comparisons, pretty impressed with Q5 on my new Epson 5025UB PJ. Appears to improve colors, sharpness and contrast w/o dreaded edge-enhancement type artifacts.

Edit: I can hear looun telling me, "I told you so man!" Wink
(2015-10-03, 01:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]On a different note, I may be warming up to HiMedia Q5's image processing engine. Usually don't like digital processing, even Darbee, but after doing some A/B comparisons, pretty impressed with Q5 on my new Epson 5025UB PJ. Appears to improve colors, sharpness and contrast w/o dreaded edge-enhancement type artifacts.

Q5's image processing engine,this is one of the things i like about Himedia Q5 4K.

How do you like Epson 5025UB PJ compare to BenQ W1070?
Noticeably better... sharper, better colors, brighter (I use the THX mode for 2D and 3D and it's still bright enough). Epson's 5025UB is basically the same as their well regarded 5030UB for le$$.
(2015-10-03, 01:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]On a different note, I may be warming up to HiMedia Q5's image processing engine. Usually don't like digital processing, even Darbee, but after doing some A/B comparisons, pretty impressed with Q5 on my new Epson 5025UB PJ. Appears to improve colors, sharpness and contrast w/o dreaded edge-enhancement type artifacts.

Nerd Rofl
What do you think about current Himedia Q5 (120€) and new Zidoo X6 (80€)?
(2015-10-05, 09:47)langostino Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about current Himedia Q5 (120€) and new Zidoo X6 (80€)?

Himedia Q5 cost €136 + ship ,you can read this thread about it.
Zidoo X6 cost 81€ + tax( 30-40€ ) + ship, there is not review yet.

at end of this month i can tell my opinion Wink
I'm waiting for your review. I bought zidoo x6 but it's processing and I don't know if cancel and buy more expensive himedia.
Should have my X6 Pro today and will post initial test results, followed by a more in-depth review.
Thanks!
(2015-10-05, 13:07)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Should have my X6 Pro today and will post initial test results, followed by a more in-depth review.

Who knows, maybe the ultimate box... Would be nice.

Please check if it does MVC mkv Blush
No, does not play MVC MKV. In fact, plays 3D ISO as full SBS for now. Posted my impressions so far here.