Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bad news. It can't play mvc 3d iso. I think to cancel my order.
What are better alternatives for a Kodi Full 3D and HD audio passthrought?
See post #1 Smile. HiMedia M3, Q5 or Q10 are your best bets for now (since you also want HD audio passthrough). Zidoo X6 Pro is not doing frame-packed 3D at all right now.
is there a q5 version in black?
Can nvidia shield tv do any 3d playback, either in kodi or via external player.
What a huge disapointment. I was about to order it, just for a new toys sake. Just again shows how great the Pi2 is.
(2015-10-06, 20:31)cromcito Wrote: [ -> ]is there a q5 version in black?
Not for the English/western market.

(2015-10-06, 20:33)Mylo75 Wrote: [ -> ]Can nvidia shield tv do any 3d playback, either in kodi or via external player.
Nope, as there's no MVC decoding in hardware. Several of us have asked nVidia, but they said "no plans" to support 3D.
Well, i like NVIDIA shield tv, as it looks like a powerfull plataform,with kodi etc.., but it lacks 3d playback so...should i go and get the himedia q5/q10?, since i come from a dune Hd max and it plays every except 3d.
Willing a future shield mvc support.....
If you want 3D and HD audio (passthrough) with excellent PQ, HiMedia Q5 or Q10 is your best bet. If you're fine with 3D, but decoded HD audio (passed as uncom,pressed PCM), then RPi2 is a great choice. If no 3D need, then Shield TV or Chromebox.
If you're looking for a U.S. seller/shipper for the HiMedia Q10, the KDLinks A300 clone alternative is available via Amazon (Prime free 2 day shipping) for about $50 more than the Q10 on eBay, if that's important to you.
I have a receiver av, so i think at the moment i am going to give a try to himedia q10,with kodi, and ISO/ ISO 3d it seems to be almost a complete media player,if NVIDIA decide to give us 3d maybe i will jump then to shield tv.

Thank you very much hdmkv
What's better choose, raspberri pi v2 (model A or B?) or Himedia Q5/Q10?
See post #939 above, and comparison chart in post #1. You can't go wrong with either. For RPi2, it's this one.

Did want to say Pi is for those a little more technically inclined, and those wanting to tinker with settings. Q5 is more straightforward to set-up, but as new firmwares come out, you have to set-up all over as install wipes out what you have (unless you back-up Kodi first).
On the HIMEDIA H8 Does 3D work in Kodi?