Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you use rpi2 with openelec?
(2015-10-08, 00:36)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]What is up with this YCrCb and YPrPb notation? I have seen them written this way, but haven't found the reasoning for it. Is this a European thing?

It's a convention. YCrCb nomenclature has certainly been around since the establishment of ITU (formerly CCIR) Rec 601 which defined the first real international digital video standard (which introduced 4:2:2 SD 13.5/6.76MHz sampling 16-235/16-240 levelspace etc.) in the early 80s (I first used 601 video with a D1 VTR and a Quantel Harry back in the day...) I guess CCIR was a European standards body?
(2015-10-08, 01:51)Soli Wrote: [ -> ]Originally YUV was introduced with color television as a means of having a signal that was compatible with both black/white and color TVs. But the term YUV does not refer to this specific implementation (instead we simply use "PAL") but as the equivalent of "component", which again is the equivalent of either/both YCrCb/YPrPb (and they are also used interchangeably even though they normally are seperated in the analog /digital domans)
I think YUV was particularly introduced to define the U & V colour difference signals within a PAL encoder/decoder - with NTSC using the different YIQ system with I & Q colour difference signals which were phase rotated by around 33 degrees to optimise the asymmetric bandwidths that NTSC encoders theoretically offered. I & Q were phase rotated to encode the colour differences the eye was more sensitive to in the higher bandwidth channel. However in reality I don't think the bandwidth differences were exploited because of the differential delay that the two different filters would have introduced (and would have required compensation for) I believe SECAM also used a different representation - YDbDr - as it used different weightings (and line alternate chroma)

YUV/YIQ was not used to describe the resulting analogue composite/coded (composite was also used to describe B&W video signals as it defined a video signal with integrated, rather than separate, sync pulses) video signal - just the original component representation used during encoding (usually from RGB analogue - either in the camera head or CCU, or sometimes downstream)

YUV has often been used as shorthand for YCrCb since (particularly in PC video) - but I think technically it is quite tied up with PAL encoding.

YPrPb analogue component was always a bit trickier. ISTR that there were multiple analogue level standards for component analogue video when it was first introduced, which was around the time Betacam and Betacam SP VTRs and camcorders arrived. There were definitely two options for analogue component level output on Beta SP VTRs - one of which was an EBU (European Broadcasting Union) standard, but I'm not sure what the other one was. (Off topic now - sorry)
Hi. I'm a beginner in KODI, hope anyone can help me:

Does the HiMedia Q10quad offer the option HD audio decode to PCM (as the Pi2 does)? My processor doesn't decode TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.
Normally, KODI offers this option, but in the chart on the first page I can only read HD audio passtrough...

2nd. question:
does there exist a remote control for the Q10quad?

thanks a lot
@hdmkv Hi, is it possible alter the table include if a player can bitstream HD Audio, on the kodi or/and internal player ?!?
You got it... in next update of table.
(2015-10-09, 14:45)motorherz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm a beginner in KODI, hope anyone can help me:

Does the HiMedia Q10quad offer the option HD audio decode to PCM (as the Pi2 does)? My processor doesn't decode TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.
Normally, KODI offers this option, but in the chart on the first page I can only read HD audio passtrough...

2nd. question:
does there exist a remote control for the Q10quad?

thanks a lot

Q10/Q5/M3 are only audio decode to PCM 2.0 , not 5.1 or 7.1 like PI2, A/V reciver with TrueHD and DTS-HD MA is very very cheap , but it used for 100$/100€.

Q10/Q5/M3 have nice android app hicontrol for remote contro like screen mirror.
(2015-10-07, 22:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]If 3dgeek is reading, which Kodi 16 build are you on? And, are you having these issues with your Pi2? I see this reported by others as well.

I am still on Kodi 15 Angel Have not upgraded, since my 3D stuff is now mvc mkv anyway, was so happy that everything works perfectly - did not want to change a running system andrun into problems.

Well as it seems, the PI2 is still the very best player for 3D playback in correct framerate. Blush
Thanks, I'm going to do some tests and see which build to stick with for now. Prefer one of the recent as ISO support is there, and ISO's also work on HiMedia, Zidoo, etc.

Update: 3D ISO's crash Kodi/RPi2 as soon as movie playback starts with build #1008 Sad. Will try #0916 (when ISO was first introduced I think) & see.
Please Update Gecko Form

Dolby Atmos Support : No
Left/Right eyes switching : Yes
Boot Time to UI: 25 sec

I don't Understand video Quality TBD
Same processor engine video Himedia than Q5 A+
(2015-10-10, 21:10)dreamy Wrote: [ -> ]Please Update Gecko Form

Dolby Atmos Support : Yes
Left/Right eyes switching : Yes
Boot Time to UI: 25 sec

I don't Understand video Quality TBD
Same processor engine video Himedia than Q5 A+

Have you guys taught about releasing your source code?
No idea. You should ask this question directly to the Cloud Media Forum
(2015-10-10, 22:09)dreamy Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. You should ask this question directly to the Cloud Media Forum

I taught you work for cloud Media?
(2015-10-08, 10:22)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-08, 00:36)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]What is up with this YCrCb and YPrPb notation? I have seen them written this way, but haven't found the reasoning for it. Is this a European thing?
It's a convention. YCrCb nomenclature has certainly been around since the establishment of ITU (formerly CCIR) Rec 601 which defined the first real international digital video standard (which introduced 4:2:2 SD 13.5/6.76MHz sampling 16-235/16-240 levelspace etc.) in the early 80s (I first used 601 video with a D1 VTR and a Quantel Harry back in the day...) I guess CCIR was a European standards body?
I was only curious to know whether there was any reason why some write YCbCr as YCrCb or YPbPr as YPrPb.
(2015-10-09, 18:22)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'm going to do some tests and see which build to stick with for now. Prefer one of the recent as ISO support is there, and ISO's also work on HiMedia, Zidoo, etc.

Update: 3D ISO's crash Kodi/RPi2 as soon as movie playback starts with build #1008 Sad. Will try #0916 (when ISO was first introduced I think) & see.

I haven't found any build that can properly play my full SBS/TAB 3D files. The same files play fine on SATV, Nexus Player, Minix boxes.