Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mirror88 will you look into the artefacts problem with x6
(2015-10-19, 19:37)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Mirror88 will you look into the artefacts problem with x6

Give me more infomation?I have to go sleep.now is AM 2:00 in my time zone.maybe answer u tomorrow?
See http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...cture.576/
With pics

Sure you can answer tomorrow, no problem

Happens with movies/tvshows, you cant look past it
(2015-10-19, 19:41)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-19, 19:37)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Mirror88 will you look into the artefacts problem with x6

Give me more infomation?I have to go sleep.now is AM 2:00 in my time zone.maybe answer u tomorrow?

Got to bed!!!
In case anyone missed it, in the X6 thread here, firmware v1.0.18 (to beta test group) test results for 3D and 23.976. Curious if movie78, Skank, others find same issues.
3D appears to be working in 'frame packing' mode.

Update 10/20: Scratch that again... even with settings as suggested by Zidoo, I am not getting full, frame-packing 3D with X6. See here.
Jutzi from freaktab says the Tronsmart Ara X5 Windows 10 TV Box Cherry Trail Z8300 can do 3D BluRay with HD audio perfectly. I don't have a 3D TV, but this is one of the best boxes I have so far.

Tronsmart Ara X5
That's pretty cool for such a budget HTPC. But, thought of using Windows and an external player via Kodi on top of that doesn't sound as appealing.
(2015-10-20, 21:47)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]Jutzi from freaktab says the Tronsmart Ara X5 Windows 10 TV Box Cherry Trail Z8300 can do 3D BluRay with HD audio perfectly. I don't have a 3D TV, but this is one of the best boxes I have so far.

Tronsmart Ara X5

very very strange ALL atom not support HD audio( windows EDID license ) and Full 3d Huh or Tronsmart have special driver
clarkss12, do you have AVR with HD audio? Proper passthrough working for you (5.1 and 7.1 TrueHD, ATMOS and DTS-MA)?
(2015-10-20, 21:47)clarkss12 Wrote: [ -> ]Jutzi from freaktab says the Tronsmart Ara X5 Windows 10 TV Box Cherry Trail Z8300 can do 3D BluRay with HD audio perfectly. I don't have a 3D TV, but this is one of the best boxes I have so far.

Tronsmart Ara X5

Window and External player, is not the solution.
External I can handle, but Windows ... ugh! When I had a HTPC before with Windows and PowerDVD, it never felt like a set-top box; felt like using a computer on a big screen. That was with Windows 7; maybe it'd be better under Windows 10 and tablet/tiles view... dunno.

Tronsmart Ara X5

just on X5 Z8500 3d work with powerdvd audio HD NO
(2015-10-20, 23:10)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]clarkss12, do you have AVR with HD audio? Proper passthrough working for you (5.1 and 7.1 TrueHD, ATMOS and DTS-MA)?

Yes, I have a newer Denon AVR, but not one with Atmos. I have tested my X5 with my BluRay rip of Avatar, but it only showed DTS and not DTS-HD. I added a few decoders and now my box only multi in while playing in Kodi.

Can't do any testing now, box died yesterday, haha. Anyway, a positive came out of that, I left a message on the Tronsmart forum and last night around 9 pm, my time, US eastern, I got a message from Tronsmart advising me what to do. They have a distribution point in California, so I mailed the box back to them today. When they receive it Thursday, they will send me a replacement, I can live with that.

I have/had a dozen different Android boxes/sticks in the last 2.5 years including the Google developers box the ADT-1 and a Minix X8-H Plus. When I first received the Intel Windows 10 box about 10 days ago, I was not impressed at all. After a few days and several restores and one complete OS install from Microsoft, I finally got used to Windows 10. The more I used it and ran it through its paces, the more I respected its abilities.

It plays my BluRay rip of The Dirty Dozen, encoded in VC1 flawlessly, my Minix struggles with that encode. I really do no know if it can play HD audio or not. I downloaded some of the files the link that was posted on here somewhere with all the different codecs for audio an video, this box play them all, except the one for Atmos.

But these are just my observations, and no scientific data to back it up. All I can go by is my eyes see and ears hear, and compare the different boxes I have.

My setup is very simple, an 8 year old 65" Olevia lcd flat screen TV, a newer Denon AVR, and mid range JBL speakers and sub. Media stored on an older Synology DS211j NAS and a newer 4 terabyte WD Mycloud. My live TV is from an over the air (OTA) antenna on the roof, and a DVR/PVR backend running on my Synology NAS using DVBLink, but I don't use that any more. For several months now, my DVR/PVR backend is running on my $35 MK808B Plus running OpenELEC and tvheadend. That little stick is awesome, in that it can support 4 TVs watching HD channels at once. I do have two HDHomeRun tuner boxes for 4 tuners, which is plenty for me.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Thanks for the videos; box looks snappy. Is that your daughter you're using to review the box?! LOL Smile My kids are more well versed in Kodi and media players than my wife.

And, btw, if you have a contact at Tronsmart, please ask them if they'd be willing to send me a unit for review. Thanks.