Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie Video questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just copied my first ripped DVD TV Show (3 seasons of 2 Broke Girls) into the folder on my NAS that Kodi uses. For historical reasons all my DVDs (more than 1.000) are ripped with their original file structure, and it is simply too much work (and too little storage space) to do anything about that now. So I need KODI to work with my existing file structure which is this:

NASName>Kodi>Video>TV Shows>2 Broke Girls>Season X>Disc Y>VIDEO_TS.ifo

I then need to be able in Kodi to select VIDEOS>TV Shows>2 Broke Girls>List of Seasons>List of Disc in Selected Season>Play

Right now I am stuck at VIDEOS, which only has the options Files, Library and Add-ons (I am using the original skin).

1) How do I get the options of TV Shows and Movies under VIDEOS on the main menu bar?

2) If I select Library>TV Shows>Title I get an entry for 2 Broke Girls with great background art. However, selecting the 2 Broke Girls title brings me to a blank page with only ".." to select. Pressing this brings me back. Can I get rid of the need to go via Library and Title, and go straight from Videos to TV Shows to a list of all shows?

3) What exactly (in great details since I am new here/stupid) do I need to do to "import" my files in a way that Kodi understands? I have seen the advancedsettings.xml file explanation here (219643 (thread)), but I don't know how to create "a simple xml file" nor do I know what/where my userdata folder is....SORRY Blush

Right now I have no apparent way of playing anything throughk KODI, and I greatly appreciate all help and support, and promise to contribute myself once I reach a useful level of understanding!

Christopher