Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVHeadend api crash/problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If I install from latest GIT I cannot enable the TvHeadend PVR anymore.
In the addon I cannot press update and in the log I get the following lines:

Code:
12:10:50 T:139656356255488   DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'Tvheadend HTSP Client'
12:10:50 T:139656356255488   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Tvheadend HTSP Client
12:10:50 T:139656356255488   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/usr/local/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/Kodi_Tvheadend.pvr)
12:10:50 T:139656356255488   DEBUG: Loading: /usr/local/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/Kodi_Tvheadend.pvr
12:10:50 T:139656356255488   ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.5', add-on API
version '1.9.4'
12:10:50 T:139656356255488 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client, status = 6
12:10:50 T:139656356255488 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client, disabling it

Anyone a solution?
Did you compile the tvheadend addon from this repo?
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts

PS: pvr api was bumped to 1.9.6 today: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/5067...eceace2846
just finished comiling new GIT version of kodi.
Will try tomorrow.
My evening compile is not working either. Now compiling the one from this morning.
Hopefully more luck...
No luck either... DO I do something wrong?
In the new addon system I do not need to compile the addons myself?
You'll have to wait until the addon has been adapted for the new API. Shouldn't take more than a few days.
Apparently you can compile yourself. Never read the README. So stumbled against it while looking for a solution.
Unfortunately my complete htpc crashed so it is now busy with a big update and recompile based on the new libs.

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Getting the source code

You will have to grab the source code of course, here we use git as example.
First install the git package provided by your distribution.
Then from a terminal, type:

.0  $ cd $HOME
.1  $ git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git kodi

Note: You can clone any specific branch.

.1  $ git clone -b <branch> git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git kodi

AND

Code:
4. How to compile

To create the Kodi executable manually perform these steps:

.0  $ ./bootstrap

.1  $ ./configure <option1> <option2> ... (See --help for available options)
       A full listing of supported options can be viewed by typing './configure --help'.

.2  $ make

Tip: By adding -j<number> to the make command, you describe how many
     concurrent jobs will be used. So for dualcore the command is:

$ make -j2

Note: From v14 with commit 4090a5f a new API for binary audio encoder and pvr addons is available, if you need to compile them do:

$ make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/<system prefix you added on step 4.1>

.3  $ make install

Note: if you only want to build specific addons you can specify like this:
  $ make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons PREFIX=/<system prefix you added on step 4.1> ADDONS="pvr.hts pvr.dvblink"

This will install Kodi in the prefix provided in 4.1 as well as a launcher script.

Note: You may need to run this with sudo (sudo make install) if your user doesn't have write permissions
to the prefix you have provided (as in the default case, /usr/local).

Tip: To override the location that Kodi is installed, use PREFIX=<path>.
For example.
The latest pvr.hts that implements PVR addon API 1.9.6 is now available in kodi master.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/c378...3fddf5d82c

Please retest and report back.
Ksooo, no it is not working. I also made a ticket:

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15865
i am still having the same issue with the nightly builds now, getting :

17:10:26 T:2336303936 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.2'
@mrpg you're using an old addon, you need the latest. How did you install the addon?
Hi Negge,

I basically did :

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

This downloaded kodi , kodi-bin & kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts

Tried this just now again, same issue.

It says the kodi-pvr-tvheadend-hts plugin is version 2.1.1-5
but i still get this in the log :

20:49:50 T:2696923968 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.4'

Br
Patric
It sounds like the packages are out of date. Our guy who usually keeps the PPA up to date has been on a vacation or something.
Yes looks like they might be out of date, seems quite complicated to compile the addon yourself, tried yesterday, but could not get it to work Sad
Sorry for asking but I've been through several threads and can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is TVH with Isengard (beta or latest nightly) still an issue? On the latest nightly and Beta 2 I'm still getting the below:

ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.4'

Also tried compiling from GIT.
Pages: 1 2