Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to set up a kids movie library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this question has been asked before I'm new here and couldn't find a related forum. What I want to know is it possible to add a kids only library showing the content on the home screen? For example I have a movie and TV show section which shows the movies /tv shows on top of the screen. Thanks in advance
Start here Custom home items (wiki) then search the specific forum for the skin you're using. The way I do it is by using smart playlists (wiki). Others have suggested using different profiles (wiki) I guess it just depends on what works best for you. I think the forum for Aeon MQ had a pretty big discussion about it if I remember.
Start where? I should mention I'm using the tapatalk app to write this. So I don't see the custom home items you mention.
By the way what's smart play list?
This link should sort you out, or at least give you enough pointers.
150934 (thread)

You need to have kids movies in separate folder.
A smart playlist that selects that folder source.
And a skin that allows for the smartplaylist to be added to main menu.

Another option would be setting up a kids profile with different video sources.
Might be better if you don't want your kids going into main movie folder.

My kids 3 years old so I just use smart playlist
Thank you will check once I get.home. And what skin are you using ?
I'm using artic zephyr... But can do the same with lots of skins these days.

Had it set up with ace, metropolis etc etc
I'm using ccm helix do you know if it works with that skin?
Yep Wink
STEP 4

Ok, now return to the home screen, press the down arrow twice and select 'Customizations'.

Once here press the up arrow and select '+VPLAYLIST'. I did all the steps till step 4 which I can't figure out how to get the options for customization on ccm helix. Any help would be grateful
You're obviously not using CCM-Helix
I'm trying to post a picture but it doesn't load but I do have ccm helix running. Thanks for trying to help out tho
Then all "customizations" are done from in the skin settings page, not by pressing down arrows on the home screen.
How do I get the content to add to my play list? From a video add on?
This is pretty awesome, I'm assuming you should be able to essentially do the same thing with Blu-Ray and DVD movies if they are in separate directories?