Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Power Surge May Have Wrecked My Box. Any Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've got a bit of an issue that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

My house had a small blackout about an hour ago while my MyGica Android box was on. The power came back on in less than a minute, but ever since then my XBMC has not been working.

As soon as I launch XBMC it gives me the "Genesis Script Failed" message. Genesis will not turn on at all, and Project Free TV and IceFilms will not play any videos.

I've tried resetting the box a few times but no luck. I'm really hoping that my box was not wrecked because of a power surge so I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to fix this.

The box itself still seems to be functioning. It's just the XBMC that is acting wonky. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to fix this I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you in advance!
We can't help you with any of the add-ons you mentioned per our forum rules (wiki) (also see banned add-ons (wiki)), but I can tell you that your box is probably not damaged if it still turns on and can run Android at all. Chances are that settings might be messed up due to the sudden power loss, and you might need to clear those old settings out, but like I said, we can't help you with those specific add-ons.
Okay great thanks for the reply! Looks like things are starting to get back to normal now. Hopefully by tomorrow everything is up and running again.