Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL sync - addons list empty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have openelec/kodi running on my rpi2, with a mysql database on my windows NAS. When I try to install addons, the repo/addon list gets populated and everything works fine.

However, as soon as I set up profiles that sync to mysql, the addon list becomes empty and nothing addon related works anymore

I have 2 profiles set up - 1 for each person in the apartment. They each sync to a different mysql database using the <name> tag in advancedsettings.xml. I have tested this on my windows desktop machine and the profiles sync to their own databases, and importantly, addons work and I can install them no problem

However, on the pi, once profiles are up to sync to mysql, addons no longer appear in the list

Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem is?
ok I've narrowed the issue down a bit

It's not a mysql thing, it seems to be a profile thing

When I delete all the other profiles, but sync the Master profile to mysql everything works fine

The problem only occurs when I create new profiles and try to sync those to their own databases. And once these other profiles have been created, the Master profile no longer populates the addon list either
anyone know if theres a way to use mysql to sync addons as well as the music/video libraries?
There isn't. Path substitutions for addons/addon data are not supported. I'm installing and configuring add-ons on each Kodi node separately at the moment. You can probably copy add_on data between profiles/nodes.