Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What information is copied to MySQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just getting started with MySQL and Kodi. I had already been using Ember, so all my nfo and fanart and everything was already on my NAS. After I set up MySQL, I started a new instance of Kodi on a machine separate from my main HTPC and set up my video sources. After this, the jail holding the MySQL database is now several GBs. I'm curious what information precisely gets copied to the MySQL database. Given it's size, I am assuming it is more than just nfo files. Is it also fanart/thumbs/trailers?

I was also curious if the MySQL library update process is meaningfully different from what I was doing before. It seems to be the same. I changed a movie's name in Ember, which changed the nfo file. I then removed the relevant video file from Kodi and updated the library. The movie was then re-loaded with the new name. Is there any way to eliminate the step where I have to remove the file from Kodi and update the library again?
That doesn't sound right. The MySQL DB shouldn't be several GBs big. No images are stored in the MySQL DB.