Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iTunes/Amazon: how add them to library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
my sources of movies include files on a NAS and Bluray and DVD discs.

Until now I've been using media stubs (.disc) to add my hard-copies to the library. If i chose a movie and get the "insert disc" message, i know where to look.
But since I've decided to buy movies on iTunes/Amazon Instant Video rather than on disc, i'm wondering how i should organize everything from now on.

Is there a way that Kodi can show the source of a movie for specific stubs and/or flags, preferably in a way that it also shows within the xbmcRemote app?

Or perhaps there is a different/better way to go about this?
Aren't those movies drm'd?
I probably did not explain understandably what I am trying to do.

Bluray and DVD discs i add to the library with a text file like this:
name.year.bluray.disc
ie. matrix.1999.bluray.disc

I would like to add my online copies in a similar way so they get scraped and added to the Kodi library:
name.year.itunes.disc or name.year.1080p.itunes
name.year.amazon.disc or name.year.1080p.amazon
I do not intend to add the movie file itself, just a text file like with my discs.

My problem:
I do not know whether to do this with a flag or file ending. I also dont know if this is generally a good method.

Since I'm surely not the first person to buy online copies in addition to bluray discs, I was hoping someone knows a neat way to do this.

Hopefully I explained it better this time Smile
Ah, now I understand Wink

I think you already read this: http://kodi.wiki/view/media_stubs

What about changing the message (see point 2 in the wiki), which then displays: "This movie is a Itunes movie...look there" or similar

"itunes" or "amazon" seems not to be a readable flag. Maybe there are some skins which provides more of those flags. Depends on the skin you use.

Greetings
(2015-03-18, 13:13)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the skin you use.
I've read the wiki on media stubs and custom messages, I was just hoping there is a more elegant solution.
Perhaps the quoted line is that solution. So i need to use tags and look for a skin that supports them.
Thank you very much!

A quick unrelated question:
Can RaspBMC and openelec share the same library (mysql on NAS)?
I need to migrate from RaspBMC to openelec...
donĀ“t know....and it would be better to start a new thread for this
(2015-03-18, 13:32)MinoMe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-18, 13:13)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the skin you use.
I've read the wiki on media stubs and custom messages, I was just hoping there is a more elegant solution.
Perhaps the quoted line is that solution. So i need to use tags and look for a skin that supports them.
Thank you very much!

A quick unrelated question:
Can RaspBMC and openelec share the same library (mysql on NAS)?
I need to migrate from RaspBMC to openelec...
Yes, provided they are the same version of kodi.
I tried the Amazon Prime Instant Video add-on.
It works exactly the way I was looking for: adding Amazon movies to the library via Kodi GUI!
Haven't tried yet if it also works for bought movies.

Similar add-ons for other streaming services and Kodi is a state-of-the-art media center Smile

@ nickr
Thank you. I read the wiki and got so confused that i decided to set everything up from scratch instead.