Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem on accents for actors, genres and tags with Nox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone !

I am currently using a modded version of Warlion's Nox 4.1.9.9 readapted for Helix under Helix 14.2rc1 but this bug is still present under all versions of Aeon Nox (4.1.9, Phil65 new development, Nox 5, Shednox and XBMCMania 4.2).

Here's the problem : all my tags, genres, years, actors have been correctly filled in nfo files that I scrap locally (I keep .nfo files and .actors folders). In Nox, while navigating in :

- Actors
- Countries
- Years
- Genres
- Tags

I can see a rolling extrafanart of the selected criteria while navigating.

For instance :

- For 1989 year, I have a rolling extrafanart of all 1989's movies which is displaying in the background.
- For Science-fiction genre, I have a rolling extrafanart of movies such as Star Wars, Total Recall, Oblivion, Men In Black which is displaying in the background

--->This is really cool, but...as soon as the criteria involves an accent (Genre "Comédie", Tag "Comédie Romantique", Actor "Gérard Depardieu", country "Nouvelle-Zélande"), I fallback on the default "video fanart" which is in the "..../background/vidéo" of the skin.

Is this Kodi which does not handle accents on labels or a general Nox bug ? Could someone give me some code lines to harmonize all this without erasing all accents.

Big thanks in advance for your help !