Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2015-07-03, 23:29)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]braz,

I don't know where else to post this question, but I know it is not specific to your skin, aeon nox is the same. I have about 5 TV shows that do not show the proper TV station logo. The reason is that the shows are scraped as FOX (US) and ABC (US). I can easily fix this when I download your skin from git and create TV logos in the media file / studios with this description.

Do you know how I can change this in my library so I don't have to go in every time and copy the logos over?
Thanks

You have to export your library, manually edit the NFO of the TV show, and then refresh it in your library. Since random people are able to edit stuff on TVDB, there's a lot of inconsistencies. I have a crapload of colored logos on page 12 that covers everything you'll need without having to manually edit those shows. I just keep them on a flash drive for when I change skins. I have ABC (US), FOX (US) and a bunch of other ones.

Here are a few examples:
http://gyazo.com/a29b08dfdb4c5fdcd1fdf665ad65d042
http://gyazo.com/f8698b10c5f14e44b8a26dc4ed4ff378
http://gyazo.com/f0f7c2d581e6400c2d916ed58dd1ae48
Thanks Rambo

The more I read, the more I'm starting to think it is better to have your own NFO's in Hard drive and limit the exposure to wrong data
(2015-07-04, 00:37)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rambo

The more I read, the more I'm starting to think it is better to have your own NFO's in Hard drive and limit the exposure to wrong data

It most definitely is. I keep a log of incorrect data and do weekly exports to fix things. TVDB is usually pretty accurate until there's a double-length episode. Then, it screws up ever episode after the double. For the most part, you shouldn't have much trouble with scrapes, though. I'm just a big advocate of keeping a copy of things for myself since back in the Gotham days, I had random library wipes a few times and didn't have a backup. I'm paranoid now lol.
Added a skin setting to change the default background image. This will allow you to change the background that is shown when there is no fanart or other background set. Previously you would have to manually replace default_bg.jpg in the skin folder.

(2015-06-21, 16:59)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't looked at Mimic in a long tine and loaded it up last night. I'm quite impressed wit it now. Very nice work. I love the vertical menu. That is the best way to display menus on modern he tv' imo.

Only question is can you add an option to modify that cross hatch wallpaper seen through the the skin?mor maybe just add some alternatives? Still, it looks good and it works for the skin

Lastly, I see in this op that there is an Isengard version in the repo. However, I already had the skin installed in Helix. Do I need to manually install the Isengad version?. I went to the repo but it just shows it is already installed.
Finally figured out how to allow users to set the default background image. See above, update pushed to github.
I'm really enjoying the skin, but I've got one issue and I'm not sure if it's on the skin's end or the add-on's...

I'm using version 5.1.7 beta 2 of the YouTube add-on and no matter what I do, it always defaults to ShowCase view when it loads, which is odd since the only option available in the View Options is "List", which is the view I wanted to default to anyway. But, no matter what, every time I go back to the main page for the YouTube add-on, it's back to ShowCase.

Any choices after that main page maintain their view as it normally should. It's just that one particular start page.

I've tried it on 2.1.1 and have updated to the latest version from Github. (The new features are really nice, by the way. Kudos.)

Any tips or ideas on how I might get it to stay on List, where I might look for the problem, or if I'll have to look to the YouTube app for a fix?
(2015-07-06, 14:44)ssmodk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really enjoying the skin, but I've got one issue and I'm not sure if it's on the skin's end or the add-on's...

I'm using version 5.1.7 beta 2 of the YouTube add-on and no matter what I do, it always defaults to ShowCase view when it loads, which is odd since the only option available in the View Options is "List", which is the view I wanted to default to anyway. But, no matter what, every time I go back to the main page for the YouTube add-on, it's back to ShowCase.

Any choices after that main page maintain their view as it normally should. It's just that one particular start page.

I've tried it on 2.1.1 and have updated to the latest version from Github. (The new features are really nice, by the way. Kudos.)

Any tips or ideas on how I might get it to stay on List, where I might look for the problem, or if I'll have to look to the YouTube app for a fix?
Not a skin issue, looks like the addon tries to override the view setting.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2010136
Thanks. I spent a while searching, but could never quite come up with anything.

It'd probably be easier if any of the features were explained or if the view override wasn't just a series of numbers.
Finally figured out a way to make custom widgets easier. You still have to manually type in the path, but it will let you edit, name and choose the icon aspect ratio. Available on github...

Update: Changed the custom widgets so they use script.favourites. You no longer need to manually find the path and type it in. Note that if you make any changes to an existing widget you have to re-apply it to the main menu item. Also added a reset button to each one and added 3 more custom widgets for a total of 8. That's all I plan to provide, each one is a lot of code.
loving this skin, thanks very much.
The only thing that bugs me though is in the various views, the one named "icon" for example, is that the all the poster images are darker than the one that is selected (makes them hard to see on my tv)
Would it be possible to have an option to make them all the same brightness as the one selected, its still got the coloured border so you can see which one is the selected one.

If not could you point me to the bit of xml to change this?
(2015-07-08, 13:17)antisect Wrote: [ -> ]loving this skin, thanks very much.
The only thing that bugs me though is in the various views, the one named "icon" for example, is that the all the poster images are darker than the one that is selected (makes them hard to see on my tv)
Would it be possible to have an option to make them all the same brightness as the one selected, its still got the coloured border so you can see which one is the selected one.

If not could you point me to the bit of xml to change this?
No plans to add a setting, and it's used in too many places to manually remove the code. Best option, if you're using the github version with unpacked textures, is to remove or rename media/thumbs/diffuse.png. Be aware, though, that this texture is also used in other places in the skin.
thanks, ill give that a try
Anyone else getting Toolbox Script Errors?
(2015-07-09, 14:40)Fist Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else getting Toolbox Script Errors?
Have u manually updated toolbox to the latest version on github? The reset skin settings feature requires the github version, that's why I'm waiting until it's on the repo before I submit the skin.
I did or at least I think I did. I thought maybe that's what's causing it. It only comes up once when I first start Kodi and open a plug-in or video.

Should I just wait until it's released?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42