Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
You dont have to remove the -master part
(2015-07-16, 11:30)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@Fist... I believe the best way is to make sure you install mimic via the repo first, as this guarantees all the dependencies (addons, scripts) that mimic requires are installed correctly. Then I would download the zip, unzip it and simply move the unzipped skin.mimic master folder to the Kodi addons folder. then delete the old skin.mimic folder.
This is basically what I do when testing latest addon commits from github. Except I leave the existing folder and just copy/paste the zip contents into it. So no -master folders in my addons folder.
(2015-07-16, 07:45)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Just pushed an update to github that adds a custom color option to the color customizer dialog. Needs some testing, so let me know if you run into any issues. Especially need this tested on new installs. I have a feeling a change I recently made to fix profiles may cause problems on first run.

@braz - happy to report this recent change seems to work just fine with the multiple profiles... nice addition Smile thanks, have been making some minor tweaks using the opacity variants for backgrounds.
(2015-07-16, 16:05)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-16, 11:30)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@Fist... I believe the best way is to make sure you install mimic via the repo first, as this guarantees all the dependencies (addons, scripts) that mimic requires are installed correctly. Then I would download the zip, unzip it and simply move the unzipped skin.mimic master folder to the Kodi addons folder. then delete the old skin.mimic folder.
This is basically what I do when testing latest addon commits from github. Except I leave the existing folder and just copy/paste the zip contents into it. So no -master folders in my addons folder.

Thanks.

So I completely uninstalled Mimic and Toolbox, switched to Confluence and rebooted. Then reinstalled Mimic and Toolbox from the official Repo.

Tested a video. No Toolbox Script error.

Rebooted and manually updated Mimic as per your method.

Tested a video. Got Toolbox Script error.

Rebooted. Reset skin to default. Tested a video. Got Toolbox script error.

Next I updated Script Toolbox from Github as per your method.

Rebooted. Tested a video. Got Toolbox script error.

I'm not sure what else I can try.
What do you mean by "tested a video?" Do you mean you played a video from your local library? The Toolbox script is only called when downloading extra fanart and importing/exporting skin settings. It shouldn't be doing anything when playing a video.

Are you using an Android device? I recall there were issues with the PIL module on Android, but I thought they had been fixed.
I get the script error the first time I play a video or music file after boot. I don't use fanart or libraries.

And yes, I'm running the latest Isengard nightly on an Amazon Fire TV.
If you haven't done so already, post a complete debug log here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202302

Phil65 will likely know what's going on.
(2015-07-16, 05:06)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-16, 02:56)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bryan,

TV Tunes is blaring them songs in my TV shows. I can't seem to disable it and it won't let me uninstall the addon. How do I get it to stop playing the music?

Also, I've been installing your builds form GitHub but the ski still shows as version 2.2. Is that normal?
Mimic 2.2.0 is the latest version on github, I will be submitting it to the repo as soon as the latest script.toolbox is accepted.

Just took another look at the TV Tunes wiki regarding the recent changes. I've already updated Mimic, not sure what else I can do. It's not an addon that I've ever used so I have no idea how it works. Best bet is to contact the developer.

I tried removing the add on but it says Mimic needs it. Can I just manually delete it and a Mimic will still function?
(2015-07-17, 03:50)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-16, 05:06)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-16, 02:56)patseguin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bryan,

TV Tunes is blaring them songs in my TV shows. I can't seem to disable it and it won't let me uninstall the addon. How do I get it to stop playing the music?

Also, I've been installing your builds form GitHub but the ski still shows as version 2.2. Is that normal?
Mimic 2.2.0 is the latest version on github, I will be submitting it to the repo as soon as the latest script.toolbox is accepted.

Just took another look at the TV Tunes wiki regarding the recent changes. I've already updated Mimic, not sure what else I can do. It's not an addon that I've ever used so I have no idea how it works. Best bet is to contact the developer.

I tried removing the add on but it says Mimic needs it. Can I just manually delete it and a Mimic will still function?
Are you sure you have my version of Mimic installed? Mimic has never included TV Tunes as a dependency, so it shouldn't prevent you from removing it. Mimic will function fine without TV Tunes, it doesn't rely on it in any way. Sounds like there is something else going on with your system...
Love the skin, great work.
I have some custom widgets set up that integrate g*** theater movies, and highly rated tv shows. Is there any way to be able to add them to the library directly from the widget rather than having to open g*** and re-find each show or movie to be able to add to the library?
I have this set up on a fire tvv stick so would press the menu button on the remote from inside g*** to add to library, the same functionality in the widgets would be great
Hello maybe im nitpicking here but is there any way of improving the widgets switching when going from movies to series on the home screen? RIght now the widgets disappear en reappear but not instant. So it looks like a delay or whatever. Maybe by adding a _very very_ subtle fade for example?

I made three movies where you can see what i mean:

Mimic 2.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2895...%202.2.flv

Confluence 2.7.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2895...luence.flv

Box 3.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28951/box.flv

This is on 15 RC2 quadcore cpu.
@boc_est1986

Discussion of banned addons is not allowed here.
(2015-07-17, 12:20)lowfi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello maybe im nitpicking here but is there any way of improving the widgets switching when going from movies to series on the home screen? RIght now the widgets disappear en reappear but not instant. So it looks like a delay or whatever. Maybe by adding a _very very_ subtle fade for example?

I made three movies where you can see what i mean:

Mimic 2.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2895...%202.2.flv

Confluence 2.7.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2895...luence.flv

Box 3.2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28951/box.flv

This is on 15 RC2 quadcore cpu.
I only show widgets on up, so don't notice this. I made a few small tweaks, but it's not much different. No idea about Box, but you can't compare the Mimic and Confluence widgets. Mimic uses library.data.provider and allows custom widgets from video addons, while the Confluence widgets are hard coded to the menu items. The Arctic Zephyr widgets are similar to Mimic's. AZ uses a loading animation when moving between widgets but I would like to avoid that. Pull requests are welcome if you figure out a way to make the transitions smoother. Smile
As pointed out by stueeey, you can now change the opacity of the background overlay. Just choose a background color, then edit that color using the button at the bottom of the dialog. Change the first two characters (FF) to something else like EE or DD.

Would you be able to add artwork for the Opus audio codec? Thank you. I love the skin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42