Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2015-08-18, 16:30)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 10:28)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the ZIP url: https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...master.zip

Just querying it as it's ~27Mb in size.

I'm running Isengard 15.1 - is that what is required ??

Thanks.
Yes, that's the one. You can install it manually now, or wait a few days and it will be available in the addon repo.

Just installed the REPO version and I still have the same issues, as per the previous images posted.
(2015-08-18, 19:14)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 10:28)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the ZIP url: https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...master.zip

Just querying it as it's ~27Mb in size.

I'm running Isengard 15.1 - is that what is required ??

Thanks.
Yes, that's the one. You can install it manually now, or wait a few days and it will be available in the addon repo.

Just installed the REPO version and I still have the same issues, as per the previous images posted.

The github version that you linked has the fixes, the repo will take a day or two for Mimic 2.2.1 to show up. So like I said, install the github version or wait a few days for 2.2.1 to be available on the repo.
(2015-08-18, 19:20)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 19:14)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 16:30)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's the one. You can install it manually now, or wait a few days and it will be available in the addon repo.

The github version that you linked has the fixes, the repo will take a day or two for Mimic 2.2.1 to show up. So like I said, install the github version or wait a few days for 2.2.1 to be available on the repo.

Sorry, I've confused REPO with GitHub.

I have installed the zip downloaded from your GitHub but I still have the same issue.

The version of MIMIC installed is 2.2.1.

I am running Isengard 15.1, which was compiled on August 16.

Thanks.
(2015-08-18, 19:49)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 19:20)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 19:14)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed the REPO version and I still have the same issues, as per the previous images posted.

I have installed the zip downloaded from your GitHub but I still have the same issue.

Thanks.
Hmm, in that case I'd have to say it must be an issue with script.skinshortcuts. If you post a debug log I'll take a look.
(2015-08-18, 14:37)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]1) Is there anyway to navigate outside the skin folder when choosing a fallback background image? I'd found a less busy black background, put it in my userdata folder, only to discover the file chooser would only navigate around the skin.mimic folder and no higher. I ended up adding the background to skin.mimic/backgrounds in order for it to appear.

2) Would it be possible to add a label to the Weather views showing the location of the weather report? Currently, there's no mention of a location anywhere, makes it tricky to work out which location you're looking at if you use a weather addon that has multiple location support.
1) Just press backspace 2 times on the fallback background dialog. It will take you to the root of your file system.

2) The location is shown in the upper right corner of the screen, in the top bar.

1) Doh! So simple when you know Smile

2) Really? I'm not seeing it on my setup. Might be that my weather provider (OzWeather) isn't populating the label?

watch gallery

Would something show up in the log that I could look for to check?

~Jondar
(2015-08-19, 02:48)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]1) Doh! So simple when you know Smile

2) Really? I'm not seeing it on my setup. Might be that my weather provider (OzWeather) isn't populating the label?

watch gallery

Would something show up in the log that I could look for to check?

~Jondar
Yeah, guessing they don't populate that label. Can you check some other skins and see if the location show up? If it does I can take a look and see what infolabel they are using.
(2015-08-19, 02:58)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, guessing they don't populate that label. Can you check some other skins and see if the location show up? If it does I can take a look and see what infolabel they are using.

OK, Confluence shows it on it's Weather page. Metropolis doesn't show it on it's weather page, but does show it on it's popup menu (their version of the sidebar).

Skimmed the Confluence skin code: it seems to use $INFO[Window.Property(Location)] for the location line, which is populated by OzWeather.

As an experiment, I tried a different weather addon (Yahoo! Weather) and the location did populate in mimic and it appears where you said. Looks like it's more an OzWeather issue?

(If you want to test OzWeather, and it asks for a postcode, try 2000 for Sydney)

EDIT #1: After using Yahoo! Weather and switching back to OzWeather, the location that Yahoo used is still showing up in the label.

~Jondar
(2015-08-19, 03:29)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-19, 02:58)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, guessing they don't populate that label. Can you check some other skins and see if the location show up? If it does I can take a look and see what infolabel they are using.

OK, Confluence shows it on it's Weather page. Metropolis doesn't show it on it's weather page, but does show it on it's popup menu (their version of the sidebar).

Skimmed the Confluence skin code: it seems to use $INFO[Window.Property(Location)] for the location line, which is populated by OzWeather.

As an experiment, I tried a different weather addon (Yahoo! Weather) and the location did populate in mimic and it appears where you said. Looks like it's more an OzWeather issue?

(If you want to test OzWeather, and it asks for a postcode, try 2000 for Sydney)

EDIT #1: After using Yahoo! Weather and switching back to OzWeather, the location that Yahoo used is still showing up in the label.

~Jondar
Thanks for checking. I changed the location label to $INFO[Window.Property(Location)] since this works for all of the weather addons. Fix pushed to github.
(2015-08-18, 19:52)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 19:49)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-18, 19:20)braz Wrote: [ -> ]The github version that you linked has the fixes, the repo will take a day or two for Mimic 2.2.1 to show up. So like I said, install the github version or wait a few days for 2.2.1 to be available on the repo.

Thanks.
Hmm, in that case I'd have to say it must be an issue with script.skinshortcuts. If you post a debug log I'll take a look.

My Fire TV auto-updated the skin on start-up earlier.

Looks like there is an error in the log referring to script.skinshortcuts:

Code:
12:19:20 T:1583714488   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-script.skinshortcuts-0.5.1/resources/lib/gui.py", line 86, in onInit
                                                self._load_widgetsbackgrounds()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-script.skinshortcuts-0.5.1/resources/lib/gui.py", line 702, in _load_widgetsbackgrounds
                                                elem = tree.find('widgetPlaylists')
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:19:34 T:1719089016  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:19:34 T:1719089016  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:19:35 T:1719089016   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-script.skinshortcuts-0.5.1/resources/lib/gui.py", line 86, in onInit
                                                self._load_widgetsbackgrounds()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts-script.skinshortcuts-0.5.1/resources/lib/gui.py", line 702, in _load_widgetsbackgrounds
                                                elem = tree.find('widgetPlaylists')
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full Kodi log here, from my Fire TV.

Please ignore all Emby references.
Looks like the error has something to do with widgets and Mimic doesn't use skinshortcuts to set the widgets. Recommend posting your log over in the skinshortcuts thread to see if they have an idea about what's going on.
I don't use widgets - are they connected?

Which thread are you referring to please?
(2015-08-19, 16:13)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use widgets - are they connected?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294
(2015-08-19, 16:23)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-19, 16:13)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use widgets - are they connected?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294

Posted.
I can report that the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility does indeed work. It fixed my issue with missing fanart perfectly.
I do have one other small issue with Mimic. The showcase view always shows a list that just wraps around forever. If I do a search, even if there is only one result, I get the same result many times over in showcase view, but in all other views it shows just once like it should. When there is a list that requires a "next page" option, it just continually wraps around with no end.
How can I make it not show duplicates and show a fixed list?
(2015-08-20, 03:42)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]I can report that the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility does indeed work. It fixed my issue with missing fanart perfectly.
I do have one other small issue with Mimic. The showcase view always shows a list that just wraps around forever. If I do a search, even if there is only one result, I get the same result many times over in showcase view, but in all other views it shows just once like it should. When there is a list that requires a "next page" option, it just continually wraps around with no end.
How can I make it not show duplicates and show a fixed list?
Good to hear. I didn't think it would be possible, but because of the way ShowCase is coded I was able to add an option in the sidebar to toggle the wrap list setting. ShowCase will now simulate a fixed list by default, with the sidebar option to make it wrap. Available now on github, will be in the next version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42