Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2015-09-05, 04:23)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Fixes for musicvideos pushed to github. Let me know if you find any more.
Thank you very much for taking my feedback into consideration ! I have one more question though : Do you plan to push back these commits on the "isengard" branch (would be great if you have time), or will we have to migrate to Kodi 16 to benefit from these changes ?

(2015-09-05, 06:05)braz Wrote: [ -> ]I just pushed an update to github that makes the labels on favorites and the artist wall persistent. Didn't do the same for music videos though, will keep thinking about that.
Perfectly understndable : of course the final decision is up to you Smile
Thanks again for all your work on this skin.
(2015-09-05, 13:04)Sn00p Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for taking my feedback into consideration ! I have one more question though : Do you plan to push back these commits on the "isengard" branch (would be great if you have time), or will we have to migrate to Kodi 16 to benefit from these changes ?
Done, pushed to the Isengard branch.
(2015-09-05, 17:27)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-05, 13:04)Sn00p Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for taking my feedback into consideration ! I have one more question though : Do you plan to push back these commits on the "isengard" branch (would be great if you have time), or will we have to migrate to Kodi 16 to benefit from these changes ?
Done, pushed to the Isengard branch.

Many thanks (everything works fine !)

One last remark/question about changes you did on the musicvideo library (i will stop after this one, I promise Big Grin ) : now that you decided that the videolibrary in mimic should be used only for "artist - single" songs (and that concerts should be managed through a custom video node in the video library), and now that you made changes to all the musicvideo views to handle only squared artworks, don't you think it should be logical / natural to also display squared thumbs for the widget dedicated to musicvideos on the main menu ? (it dsplays poster-sized thumbs at this time, as for movies)

Once again i'm not a skinner (please don't blame me if i say stupid things), maybe the musicvideo library shares its widget with the "standard" video library and does not have its own, in which case it would not be possible to modify it.

Not a big deal in any case, as we can now manage to have squared thumbs for the musicvideo widget thanks to your great "custom widget" functionnality (what i'm currently doing) Nod
@Sn00p

Thanks for testing the musicvideo stuff, it's not something I use much. Should be able to fix the musicvideo widget...

Update: Just checked, I don't see a dedicated widget option for music videos. Were you using the Video Playlist widget when you saw poster icons? That will always be the case when using Video Playlist I'm afraid. Best to use the custom widgets for music videos so you can choose the icon type.
(2015-09-06, 16:07)braz Wrote: [ -> ]@Sn00p

Thanks for testing the musicvideo stuff, it's not something I use much. Should be able to fix the musicvideo widget...

Update: Just checked, I don't see a dedicated widget option for music videos. Were you using the Video Playlist widget when you saw poster icons? That will always be the case when using Video Playlist I'm afraid. Best to use the custom widgets for music videos so you can choose the icon type.
Thanks braz for your quick reply.

You're right, there is actually no specific musicvideo widget, and i'm using a "standard" video playlist widget... I thought it would be possible to have squared icons though, as Aeon Nox 5 (the skin I was using before switching to mimic and on which your skin is partially based i think) provides different icon types for movies (poster sized) and musicvideos (squared sized) widgets, both using video playlists.

Maybe i'm wrong, or maybe your widget engine differs from AeonNox one, and as you said it's now possible to achieve the same result through custom widgets anyway (and that's what i'm currently doing) Smile
(2015-09-06, 18:03)Sn00p Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-06, 16:07)braz Wrote: [ -> ]@Sn00p

Thanks braz for your quick reply.

You're right, there is actually no specific musicvideo widget, and i'm using a "standard" video playlist widget... I thought it would be possible to have squared icons though, as Aeon Nox 5 (the skin I was using before switching to mimic and on which your skin is partially based i think) provides different icon types for movies (poster sized) and musicvideos (squared sized) widgets, both using video playlists.

Maybe i'm wrong, or maybe your widget engine differs from AeonNox one, and as you said it's now possible to achieve the same result through custom widgets anyway (and that's what i'm currently doing) Smile
The widgets are setup in Mimic the same way as Aeon Nox 5, but the display is much different. Since AN5 only displays one item, it puts it in a square container with the aspect ratio set to "keep." That's not possible with the way widgets are displayed in Mimic, so you will have to use the custom widgets for any content that has square or landscape artwork. Thanks for testing!
For views I use
1. Infowall with Banners for all TV shows
2. List for movies
3. Infowall with Posters for my list of kids movies.

However since Mimic update today on me I can no longer have infowall banners on TV and Infowall Posters for Kids movies. when I change one it changes the other as well and doesn't hold the settings for the other. Did something change?
You can choose the art from the side bar once you've selected the view type (5th or 6th option down if I remember correctly)
edit: didn't read that correctly, so you probably already know that.
Is there anyway to prevent the skin from automatically updating?

Every time it updates I have to remove toolbox script from the dependencies, and then disable it again. I can handle having to do it but it's a pain when you set up a fire tv for someone else and then you get those $^#^&* Toolbox Script errors every time Mimic updates.

The only other option is to completely give up on Mimic, but I'd like to keep it.

It's fixed in the next Fire TV OS, but unfortunately it breaks so much else it's not worth the upgrade.
(2015-09-13, 16:38)japes Wrote: [ -> ]For views I use
1. Infowall with Banners for all TV shows
2. List for movies
3. Infowall with Posters for my list of kids movies.

However since Mimic update today on me I can no longer have infowall banners on TV and Infowall Posters for Kids movies. when I change one it changes the other as well and doesn't hold the settings for the other. Did something change?

I consolidated the banner views into the existing Wall and InfoWall views and added additional art options to all views. So unfortunately, it's no longer possible to use InfoWall with banners in one area and use the same view with posters somewhere else.

(2015-09-14, 11:47)Fist Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to prevent the skin from automatically updating?

Every time it updates I have to remove toolbox script from the dependencies, and then disable it again. I can handle having to do it but it's a pain when you set up a fire tv for someone else and then you get those $^#^&* Toolbox Script errors every time Mimic updates.

The only other option is to completely give up on Mimic, but I'd like to keep it.

It's fixed in the next Fire TV OS, but unfortunately it breaks so much else it's not worth the upgrade.
There is an option to turn off addon updating globally, but you can't set if for just a single addon. If you turn off auto updating globally, you would need to manually update your other addons.

There will likely only be one more update for Isengard (fixed autocomplete when ExtendedInfo isn't installed).
I love this theme. The only feature request I have is the possibility of providing the title of whatever random fan art is being shown on the home screen somewhere in the info bar or elsewhere. I have had a few moments where some neat fan art has popped up and I totally don't know what movie it's a part of.
(2015-09-15, 10:07)rubin110 Wrote: [ -> ]I love this theme. The only feature request I have is the possibility of providing the title of whatever random fan art is being shown on the home screen somewhere in the info bar or elsewhere. I have had a few moments where some neat fan art has popped up and I totally don't know what movie it's a part of.
Thanks! No plans to add that right now, will see...
(2015-09-16, 05:28)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-15, 10:07)rubin110 Wrote: [ -> ]I love this theme. The only feature request I have is the possibility of providing the title of whatever random fan art is being shown on the home screen somewhere in the info bar or elsewhere. I have had a few moments where some neat fan art has popped up and I totally don't know what movie it's a part of.
Thanks! No plans to add that right now, will see...

Use this in your Home.xml (replace all text in the xml with the one below)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
<onload>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;group=x1|x2|x3|x4|x5|x6|x7|x8|x9|x10|x11|x12|x13|x101|x202|x303|x404|x505|x606)</onload>
<onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeTopMenu) + !Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeVerticalMenu)">Skin.SetBool(Enable.HomeDefault)</onload>
<onload>ClearProperty(MediaMenu,Home)</onload>
<controls>
<include>CommonBackground</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeDefault)">HomeDefault</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeTopMenu)">HomeTopMenu</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.HomeVerticalMenu)">HomeVerticalMenu</include>
<control type="label">
<visible>StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Thumb,1)</visible>
<left>0</left>
<top>50</top>
<width>1780</width>
<height>40</height>
<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Movie.Title]</label>
<textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
<font>font13</font>
<textcolor>44FFFFFF</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>shadow</shadowcolor>
</control>
</controls>
</window>

This will show the name of the movie the fanart belongs to in the upper left corner.
Hello,

Is there a way to add a shortcut to the Netflix and Hulu Android apps on the Submenu?

Thanks,
Tyler
(2015-09-19, 03:49)tylercranston Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is there a way to add a shortcut to the Netflix and Hulu Android apps on the Submenu?

Thanks,
Tyler
No idea about Android, maybe another user will know how to do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42