Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
updated the post with pastebin, not sure what a radio button is
Radio button is just the type of gui control used to enable/disable the color customizer. I didn't see anything in the log but took another look at the code and think it may be caused by the id I used for that control. I changed the id and pushed an update to github. Can you download and install the zip from github again? I'm hoping this fixes the problem with the missing background overlay.

Thanks for testing this!
Didn't work, below new log
Here is the pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/ccmzrgMi
(2015-04-29, 05:15)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, never seen this before, definitely not what it's supposed to do. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Only thing I can suggest is to install the latest Kodi nightly and the latest Mimic version (2.1.0) from github.

I see I need to fix those "color" strings for English.

Yes iit happened to me also, once it goes blank after you select it you hit DOWN and youll here the click noise. then press ENTER and the color picker will appear and you'll be able to fix it.

But yes, I think its a bug because alot of users will think the highlight is gone but is colorless. Maybe after someone selects color it defaults to some shade of highlight so people can see it.
Some issues I have and requests or mods:

How do I edit this view to show the YEAR like in this example (I edited the red part) screenshot? or replace "Comedy". Year is FAR MORE useful information to me than category type.

Also why are all of the movie posters cropped? Can you make it fit to edges? Example Airheads it outside the poster frame, here is the original poster I have.

Also how do I make it so the background fanart is not shaded? So I can see it better?

When I have random fanart enabled it will show a fanart then go to black then another and repeat like that?
How can I speed up the transitions and how do I get rid of the black fanarts?

This is pretty close to a perfect skin! Awesome job!
(2015-04-30, 04:38)DR9x Wrote: [ -> ]Some issues I have and requests or mods:

How do I edit this view to show the YEAR like in this example (I edited the red part) screenshot? or replace "Comedy". Year is FAR MORE useful information to me than category type.

Also why are all of the movie posters cropped? Can you make it fit to edges? Example Airheads it outside the poster frame, here is the original poster I have.

Also how do I make it so the background fanart is not shaded? So I can see it better?

When I have random fanart enabled it will show a fanart then go to black then another and repeat like that?
How can I speed up the transitions and how do I get rid of the black fanarts?

This is pretty close to a perfect skin! Awesome job!

You'll need to change the floor labels in MyVideoNav.xml to show the Year instead of Genre.

Your first screenshot isn't 16:9, it looks like you're running an unsupported aspect ratio, causing the posters to get cut off.

Background is defined in IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml. You'll have to mod this, the background overlay is needed for text to be readable IMO.

The reason you are getting black fanart is because some of your cached fanart are missing. I recommend using Texture Cache Maintenance Utility to fix this.
(2015-04-30, 04:36)DR9x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-29, 05:15)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, never seen this before, definitely not what it's supposed to do. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Only thing I can suggest is to install the latest Kodi nightly and the latest Mimic version (2.1.0) from github.

I see I need to fix those "color" strings for English.

Yes iit happened to me also, once it goes blank after you select it you hit DOWN and youll here the click noise. then press ENTER and the color picker will appear and you'll be able to fix it.

But yes, I think its a bug because alot of users will think the highlight is gone but is colorless. Maybe after someone selects color it defaults to some shade of highlight so people can see it.

So, once you set a background color it fixed the background overlay issue? I'll check the code again, I thought it should fall back to the color.xml if a color isn't selected.

Update: Ok, I was able to reproduce the problem, working on a fix now.
Ok Edworld and DR9x, I think I might have fixed it this time, needed to make sure the color strings are filled in Startup.xml. If you have time, please install the latest from github and make sure to restart Kodi.

Thanks!
Removed ui sounds from the skin since they are now redundant. They were just the Confluence sounds, and those are now installed with Kodi. You can also download other ui sound packs from the repo.
Added a skin setting to show submenus all the time on the alternative home layouts, making it easier to use a mouse or touch device.

The top and sides are nice options! Your fix for the color picker works fin now.

Is there a option to hide submenus when hovering over them until I press down on the bottom horizontal?

Can I suggest that if you have fewer than 5 submenu items you center the submenu items? As it is now 4 or less its all shifted right and looks bad. Pics below. Maybe center the text on top/side also or option to justify left/center/right

(2015-05-02, 00:50)DR9x Wrote: [ -> ]The top and sides are nice options! Your fix for the color picker works fin now.

Is there a option to hide submenus when hovering over them until I press down on the bottom horizontal?

Can I suggest that if you have fewer than 5 submenu items you center the submenu items? As it is now 4 or less its all shifted right and looks bad. Pics below. Maybe center the text on top/side also or option to justify left/center/right

+1 for centering the submenu.
(2015-05-02, 00:50)DR9x Wrote: [ -> ]The top and sides are nice options! Your fix for the color picker works fin now.

Thanks! The submenu configuration for the default home screen comes from Aeon Nox 5, I'm happy with the way it is. Hiding the submenu would leave a gap below the main menu which wouldn't look good IMO.

I don't have any plans to center the submenu when there are less than 5 items. If non-centered submenus really bother you, easiest solution is to not create any submenus with 2 or 4 items.
(2015-04-30, 06:50)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Edworld and DR9x, I think I might have fixed it this time, needed to make sure the color strings are filled in Startup.xml. If you have time, please install the latest from github and make sure to restart Kodi.

Thanks!

It works!

Looks like a bug:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42