Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Launching external apps from the skin menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surely this is supported ??

I have android apps I need.. Some IPTV.. Spotify.. Netflix.. iPlayer.. Ministry of sound radio app.. While some are duplicated with similar add ons (FTV and filmon app etc) some simply are not or are much better in the android app version.

Surely I can add these to my menu add ons ?? Also I have video ones (netflix, IPTV iPlayer) and music ones (spotify, radio apps, etc) and program ones (browser etc).. So categorised per menu section also..

I tried this solution in confluence++ but it doesnt work

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-add-and...omescreen/

I add them to favorites, but I am unable to choose those favorites as in this image

I simply dont have the favorites option..

Is there any way to make this work in confluence or confluence++ ?? If not, does any other skin allow links to android apps ??

I dont think this can be an unusual desire.. Seems it has to be common if you want to have kodi be the 'one interface' solution ??
I think this is called deep linking ?!?

When u go to programmes in confidence do u see all your apps google play store etc? Try and favourite the play store
I dont have the play store.. As its on an AFTV.. But yes I can see my android apps.. I can favorite them.. And currently here is where I am launching them from..

But I cant add them to the add on shortcuts.. It just opens a list of a few kodi add ons not my android apps and the favorite method outlines above isnt there.
Other skins work well for this. I have mine on an AFTV and have Netflix and iPlayer as main buttons on the home screen. I found I had to use confluence first to set up the favourites. You add them by going to Programs not Add ons on the main confluence home page then choose Android apps and use the context menu to then Favourite them. They then should be available to add as custom shortuts. I have been using Amber but there a few others too.
(2015-03-19, 21:26)vikjon0 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need a wrapper to do that....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...tcount=146

Or some examples
https://github.com/elmerohueso/xbmc.repo.elmerohueso

OK that looks like I can make it work..

(2015-03-19, 22:13)crystalgipsy Wrote: [ -> ]Other skins work well for this. I have mine on an AFTV and have Netflix and iPlayer as main buttons on the home screen. I found I had to use confluence first to set up the favourites. You add them by going to Programs not Add ons on the main confluence home page then choose Android apps and use the context menu to then Favourite them. They then should be available to add as custom shortuts. I have been using Amber but there a few others too.

Already favorited them.. But theres no way to add favorites to the menu system after that.. Adding a favorite isnt one of the options I have.
Have you tried Advanced Launcher, I believe that lets you launch favourites.