Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV shows no longer showing posters/fan art in File view?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This one is driving me nuts, and I think it might've happened only after OpenElec updated itself to v5.0.6 a few days ago.

Basically, when I'm browsing through File mode, TV shows in a folder used to show the show poster and fan art as you scrolled by them. Now... they're not. Just the stock Confluence blue background and folder icon.

Pressing "info" does give me show information as expected. Entering a show's folder also changes graphics as expected. And specifically going to the TV Shows -> Title section displays the list of TV shows as I would expect (and used to get) in file view.

I have tried refreshing content. I have set the parent folder's content to "None", deleted database entries, then restored it to "TV Shows" with no change. I have deleted the thumbnails file with no change. Basically, it just doesn't want to give me custom art in Files mode.

Any ideas on this one?
So, um, nothing? Can someone at least confirm that this is working correctly for you - if you browse in File view a bunch of folders containing television show seasons, you get background art & the show poster instead of the normal UI graphics for any old folder?

And, perhaps someone can tell me if there's some way to completely reset Kodi's database and anything that might affect this - like if the customized type of content for a particular folder is stored somewhere outside of the library... because I've deleted the master network source, reset folder type to "none" and cleaned the library multiple times on both the parent folder and the one below that, and nothing's changed. I'd be happy to delete the entire source library as well and try again from scratch.
I'm away from my local library right now, but I know at least TV show posters were working. I don't remember if fanart or season posters were showing in file view.

As for resetting things, you could delete the myvideos##.db file and textures##.db file from userdata (wiki)/Database/

That will nuke the entire video library and force Kodi to recache artwork, removing anything that might be cached.
(2015-03-22, 00:41)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I'm away from my local library right now, but I know at least TV show posters were working. I don't remember if fanart or season posters were showing in file view.

As for resetting things, you could delete the myvideos##.db file and textures##.db file from userdata (wiki)/Database/

That will nuke the entire video library and force Kodi to recache artwork, removing anything that might be cached.

Thanks. It's weird because I know it was working, but I've had a few issues in the past with specific folders (not even ones that I've customized in any way) suddenly losing all movie content for no reason and requiring a rescan (I'd say the network maybe dropped out, but I thought that was supposed to be verified before wiping from the library, and it was only for a specific folder, not everything on that source). So, I don't know if this is related to that issue, related to some new bug in the latest Kodi that hasn't been reported yet since it's probably not a common situation, or is the result of database corruption. Thus why I want to delete everything and try again.

But it definitely used to work, and still works under TV Shows, and only stopped for Files in the last week or so. Movies are fine.
Success! I went nuclear on the database, then reset the content EXACTLY the same as I've done it a dozen times over the past few days, rescanned... and my artwork and show posters have returned!