Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank Screen Mouse Cursor at Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just recently done a fresh install OpenELEC 5.0.6 on my main client (rather than an update). I'm running an i3 Intel NUC (4010U) with a shared SQL library on a Synology NAS.

When the NUC boots, it hits the OE splash screen with the 'waiting for network' (which I've set to 5 seconds for the time being). Then the system goes to a blank screen with a mouse cursor in the middle (I'm using a Harmony remote, no KB/M connected), then the Kodi Helix splash screen and then into Kodi. Previously, there was no blank screen with mouse cursor, just the OE splash, XBMC splash and into the GUI. It seems to be causing about 5 seconds worth of delay at startup.

Can anyone assist? Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/p1mftallm

Thanks in advance.
Does the exact same thing here on 5.0.6 if that helps.
(2015-03-19, 15:15)Sunflux Wrote: [ -> ]Does the exact same thing here on 5.0.6 if that helps.

That's at least comforting that it's not just me. I also get slow downs (the 'working' spinner) moving between tv show, in and out of seasons, never had this before.

Guess I'll wait it out a few more weeks for an update but if no luck, I'll have to move back to Gotham.
Same problem here. ...Not sure what I did wrong, but I can only assume it was because 5 or 10 minutes prior, I'd upgraded the Superepo addon (which has a "SubSonic" plugin I wanted) from the Frodo version to "Helix" one - Which I'd apparently forgotten to do when I upgraded my OpenELEC system with XBMC Frodo to Gotham, and more recently from Gotham to Kodi Helix.
Actually, I just found a fix over at the OpenELEC forums. I used my file manager (Dolphin) on my Ubuntu Laptop, to access the OpenELEC file system over the network (I Could have just used ssh, but using Dolphin was quicker).

The fix was as follows:

...Remove "guisettings.xml" (which is located in "/Userdata/" in my case, (or in "smb://openelec/Userdata/" if accessed over the network with Dolphin) then reboot.

You'll retain your Library etc, but any conflicting audio or video settings get reset to standard. (The system re-generates the default settings in a new file).

After that It only took me about 10 minutes to re-establish the Audio & Video settings which were more suited to my system prior to the black screen. All good now.

It probably won't be a cure for everyone, but regardless, I hope it helps some folks out. Smile