Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Chromebox - Resetting to Stock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

This may be a simple thing I am missing but I am trying to put my Asus Chromebox that is running openelec (only) back to stock. Now I did read the wiki and followed the instructions, but I am getting hung up at this part,

Quote:Connect the ChromiumOS USB stick to the ChromeBox, power on, and select the USB stick from the boot menu. Boot into ChromiumOS

I don't understand how I get to the boot menu. I have tried putting the chromeos (version: Camd64OS-20150219010101) SD card -8gb (also tried a flash drive - 8gb) and turning it on and boots right into openelec with no option for selecting the USB. Also tried pushing the reset button but no difference. I am at a loss here, what am I missing? Sorry if i misread anything or left out any important information.
Can anyone help on this? I also tried doing ctl-alt-f2 when in openelec and just brings me to a black screen. I have also tried multiple version on chromium, I am at a loss here.
Okay,

So i figured out the problem. Stupid mistake on my part here. I had the chromebox connected to the TV when I was trying to do all this and the TV wasn't refreshing fast enough for me to see the boot screen option. All is well now!