Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FYI - HDHomeRun Live TV is now available.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks to @ruuk. if you would prefer to make a thread you can delete this.

Figured I would post this here since I did not see a thread on the forums.

you can be up and running in the time it takes you to update to the latest beta firmware here and downloading the add-on from the official kodi repo.

http://kodi.tv/addon-spotlight-hdhomerun-live-tv/

Works very well - have tested on a brix, mac mini and a firetv.

here is the official support forums on the SiliconDust website: https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewfo...fd650c3c3f
Looks awesome, but it freezes up on my FireTV when the logo is on the screen and it is trying to download the guide.

Did I miss a step? HD Homerun Prime firmware is upgraded, maybe I need to reboot the device or something?
(2015-03-20, 14:33)BDPNA Wrote: [ -> ]Looks awesome, but it freezes up on my FireTV when the logo is on the screen and it is trying to download the guide.

Did I miss a step? HD Homerun Prime firmware is upgraded, maybe I need to reboot the device or something?

I am running this on my firetv with no issues. If you go to your hdhomerun ip address i the browser you should see a page that has info on your tuner.

What model and firmware version are you running?
(2015-03-20, 14:33)BDPNA Wrote: [ -> ]Looks awesome, but it freezes up on my FireTV when the logo is on the screen and it is trying to download the guide.

Most likely you need to update the addon version. There was a bug in the initial release that caused it to fail when it couldn't get guide data.

The update is in the official repo now, but here is also a link to the latest zip: http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomeru...3.20b1.zip

Just FYI to anyone who reads this thread, the best place to ask for help or report issues is the:

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Live TV Add-on Forum
Works great, but no backend, so no PVR, so not really a solution to anything (for me). A couple of comments though:
The channel changing is very good. Not instant, but not too bad.
I like the direct links to video and audio options (arrow right twice)
Nice touch to have all the EPG network logos already there.
I wish they would display more of the EPG. Currently it seems like all you can see is what's currently playing. Even if you can't DVR/PVR something, it's nice to see what's coming so you know to change channels when something else/better is going to come on.

Question: it seems like we can pause live TV here... how are they doing that, if there is no backend? Where is the stream cached? Also, it's weird, but you can FFD right away, as soon as you tune a channel. Where does this cached data come from?

Very curious....
Ever since upgrading to 15.0 beta 1 Isengard I keep getting the message could not find any compatible devices to open up HD prime add on. In version 15.0 alpha my tuner worked fine in Kodi. The tuner also works fine stand alone in Windows 8.1 machine that I am using for Kodi.
I'm not sure where to file the bug report, so I'll just file it here. The add-on appears to be behaving really strangely. When I use the HDHomerun app in Windows, it works fine. When I try using the addon, both with and without transcoding enabled, I get a pretty weird issue.

Basically, the addon launchs fine, and it tunes the channel fine, and the menu seems to be working without difficulty. But while I get audio, all I see is a black screen.

The crazy thing is, if I exit the app but keep the channel running, the video appears fine. It's like there's a black mask covering the entire screen while the addon is running that goes away when I close it. Here's a debug log.

http://xbmclogs.com/pkmjwj99r

Also noteworthy, this is happening both in Windows and on the FireTV Stick. I've only provided a log from Windows.
(2015-05-07, 03:16)natethomas Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure where to file the bug report, so I'll just file it here. The add-on appears to be behaving really strangely. When I use the HDHomerun app in Windows, it works fine. When I try using the addon, both with and without transcoding enabled, I get a pretty weird issue.

Basically, the addon launchs fine, and it tunes the channel fine, and the menu seems to be working without difficulty. But while I get audio, all I see is a black screen.

The crazy thing is, if I exit the app but keep the channel running, the video appears fine. It's like there's a black mask covering the entire screen while the addon is running that goes away when I close it. Here's a debug log.

http://xbmclogs.com/pkmjwj99r

Also noteworthy, this is happening both in Windows and on the FireTV Stick. I've only provided a log from Windows.

I had that once rebooted fire tv and worked fine. Remember that you really cant turn off stick/fire tv so doing a reboot is always good.
(2015-05-07, 04:33)pattuspl Wrote: [ -> ]I had that once rebooted fire tv and worked fine. Remember that you really cant turn off stick/fire tv so doing a reboot is always good.

To repeat, this is happening on both FireTV and Windows.
After testing on an older version of Kodi, it looks like the issue may be related to running Beta 1 and recent builds.
I am using Isengard beta 1 on windows 8.1 and have problems with no video and just audio. Oddly when I used the Yatse remote app from my phone I had video back once but lost it again.
Workaround: Enable 'Enable enhancements for touch device' in the addons settings.

When I get a chance I'll submit a fix.

Just a reminder, the support thread for the addon is here.
Oh nice. Thanks. I wonder if it might not be an idea to keep a sticky posted with a link to the support thread plus a list of known issues and fixes.