Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant connect via FTP....wont even give me any error message?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having some problems connecting to my xbox via FTP. This is how far I get (using flashfxp):

[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.4 -> IP=192.168.0.4 PORT=21
[R] Connected to 192.168.0.4
[R] 220-
[R] 220----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[R] 220-XBMC:FileZilla version 1.5.6, (based on FileZilla Server 0.8.8)
[R] 220-
[R] 220-http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/
[R] 220----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[R] 220

After that nothing happens...if I wait long enough I'm sure it will timeout or something. Any ideas what the problem might be?

I'm using a few month old version of xbmc...and just downloaded a new one, but now I cant install it since I can access the xbox. It have worked before...not sure what could be wrong.

Thanks!
i'm having the same problems hope we can figure out what's wrong
your filezilla xml is corrupt most likely.
Yep, I agree, filezilla serever.xml file (in system dir) is probably corrupt. I had these exact same symptons and found that somehow the file had been truncated to zero bytes!

Once I restored it from original it worked ok.

John
i have the exact same problem, how would i replace the corupt file without being able to ftp to it, and also could u plz give me the directory to it if it isnt too much to ask for, thank you
same problem
bad link
easiest is use the samba share, put filezilla.xml into a folder in your smb share, then copy from that to the system folder in xbmc using the file explorer
gamecheif Wrote:bad link

Link was working when I pasted it, and is still working now.
dirtyash Wrote:Here you go,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22791

dirt

Oops!

Didn't realize that all this thread had already concluded the same thing.

But for those that have soft-mods and want to fix problem, they can use(run) game-save hack(put in game and run game save), in order to ftp to the box again.

dirt