Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi/Fire TV newb question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've got Kodi loaded on my Fire TV, and have shared my video files via UNnP. Problem is, looks like the cache fill up so quick I barely get into the opening credits...

Trying to stream blu-ray MKV rips from a PC on the same network. Is there a better way to share these files, or do I need to make them smaller for Kodi/Fire to be able to handle them? Is what I watch streaming via Amazon that much less video quality than a blu-ray? I tried using Plex before trying Kodi and it seemed to have the same problem - few minutes in, the movie would just stop.
The cache being used is simply an indication that the video isn't being transmitted fast enough on your network. I would see if you have a network issue that you can improve.
Any ideas where to start? Never had any issues other than this.
Are you using a wired ethernet connection or wireless? If wireless, try a wired ethernet connection. A "raw" bluray rip is probably just out of reach of the best the Fire TV's wifi can do.
Try connecting to 5ghz wifi. The fireTV has no issue streaming the 43gb BD REMUX version of interstellar on 5ghz wifi. Even seeking is as fast as my wired pc!! I dare say the fireTV doesnt need to be wired if you have a good router.