Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SetProperty Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason I can't get SetProperty(ExtPlot,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Plot],home) to work, although SetProperty(ExtPlot,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.PlotOutline],home) works fine.

I'm using it to show a custom info dialog on the home screen for recently added movies. When I'm on the home screen $INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Plot] works fine so not sure why the property isn't setting correctly.
Okay, so it seems as though another property isn't working either: SetProperty(ExtVotes,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Votes],home)
Maybe the property gets set before the info has loaded?
(2015-03-21, 16:06)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the property gets set before the info has loaded?

ListItem.Votes is already displayed on the home screen so is definitely loaded before the property is set (I set the properties when I click on the button to load the custom dialog). I've tried changing LisItem.PlotOutline to Plot on the home screen as well just in case that was causing the issue but that made no difference.
So I've gone through all the different labels in the wiki to see if any others won't show and they all work fine, it is just these two (plot and votes) that are empty. They both show up on the home screen so the labels aren't empty, setting the property just doesn't seem to work.

This is what my onclicks look like...

Code:
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtPlot,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Plot],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtPoster,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Thumb],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtYear,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Year],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtTitle,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Title],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtTagLine,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Tagline],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtGenre,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Genre],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtRating,$VAR[RatingHomeMovies],home)</onclick>    
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtVotes,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Votes],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtDuration,$VAR[DurationHomeMovies],home)</onclick>        
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtDirector,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Director],home)</onclick>    
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtWriter,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Writer],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtPath,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.FileNameandPath],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>SetProperty(ExtTrailer,$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Trailer],home)</onclick>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(3000)</onclick>

Can anyone else confirm that this works for them in their skins? It is actually driving me crazy!
ESCINFO?
You little beauty Hitcher, that works!