Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Will Not Show up in Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get several videos that I want listed in tv shows that don't have scraper metadata available. My understanding is that in order to accomplish this, you must create a tvshow.nfo file in the same folder as the video. Here is what my tvshow.nfo file contains:

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow>
<title>Halo Landfall E01</title>
<aired>2007</aired>
<rating>0</rating>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>Halo: Landfall is a group of short live action films created in collaboration with Bungie Studios, Neill Blomkamp, WETA Digital, and Origami Digital LLC. These films were the Halo franchise's first foray into live-action films, followed closely by the "Museum" series of films. These Halo shorts were intended as promotional material for the then-upcoming Halo 3 game, drawing interest to its release.</plot>
</tvshow>

The Halo Landfall (in this case) will show up in the list, but when selected, the video file is absent.
I have tried "Halo Landfall S01E01" , "S01E01", "1x01" and nothing will get the file to show up in my library. I have several other video files that are this way. Am I missing something? I even got the ember media manager in hopes that my .nfo file was missing something. It however did not change the outcome. I am new to this, and am attempting to learn so would appreciate any assistance available.

Cheers.
Why not add it to TVDB and scrape
(2015-03-23, 00:46)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]Why not add it to TVDB and scrape

I suppose I could, however I've never done that. Also not all videos that fail to populate in my library are properly publshed, such as a compilation of cutscenes from the Halo video games. These are closer to 'home' videos. There has to be a reason why the video is not showing up.
There is info in the wiki about that.
Looks like you've got tvshow.nfo (for the series) and the episode-specific nfos confused.

You should have a tvshow.nfo in the root of the series that describes the show, e.g.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>Halo Cutscenes</title>
    <showtitle>Halo Cutscenes</showtitle>
    <plot>Some stuff that goes zap and boom</plot>
</tvshow>

And then have the episode-specific entries alongside each video file, e.g.

Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>Halo Landfall Episode 1</title>
    <year>2015</year>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <plot>Some specifics about these particular zaps and booms</plot>
</episodedetails>

... named appropriately (so Halo.Landfall.S01E01.mkv has Halo.Landfall.S01E01.nfo - identical name to the file other than the extension).
(2015-03-23, 14:59)Prof Yaffle Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you've got tvshow.nfo (for the series) and the episode-specific nfos confused.

You should have a tvshow.nfo in the root of the series that describes the show, e.g.

Code:
<tvshow>
    <title>Halo Cutscenes</title>
    <plot>Some stuff that goes zap and boom</plot>
</tvshow>

And then have the episode-specific entries alongside each video file, e.g.

Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>Halo Landfall Episode 1</title>
    <year>2015</year>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
    <plot>Some specifics about these particular zaps and booms</plot>
</episodedetails>

... named appropriately (so Halo.Landfall.S01E01.mkv has Halo.Landfall.S01E01.nfo - identical name to the file other than the extension).

Bingo! I hadn't realized that there were episode .nfo files. Thank you so much!