Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to install Kodi 14.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently running Kodi 14.0 alpha :o and have the 4.2.2 system installed.

When I got to "install" v14.1 I get the install page to open, but when I click on the install button it looks like it tries to install for a short moment (I get the status bar), then a message pops up saying app not installed.

Using the MXQ box. Have tried rebooting the box and doing the install right away, and still the same thing. I know it is probably something obvious, I am just; either not that bright or simply overlooking something.

Thank you kindly in advance for any suggestions...
Did the box come with Kodi 14.0 pre-installed? Unlikely but if so you have an issue with the supplier.

Why don't you back up your personal settings, uninstall 14.0 and reinstall 14.1 (or even 14.2 rc1) and restore your settings?

Finally are absolutely certain you are using 14.0 at the moment and not 15.0 (Isengard) because the problem you are experiencing is what happens if you try to put any version 14 over version 15.0. I know that because I tried it myself.
(2015-03-22, 22:34)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]Did the box come with Kodi 14.0 pre-installed? Unlikely but if so you have an issue with the supplier.

Why don't you back up your personal settings, uninstall 14.0 and reinstall 14.1 (or even 14.2 rc1) and restore your settings?

Finally are absolutely certain you are using 14.0 at the moment and not 15.0 (Isengard) because the problem you are experiencing is what happens if you try to put any version 14 over version 15.0. I know that because I tried it myself.

Hi - thanks for the quick reply and I just verified it and yes you are correct, the version is 15.0 ALPHA1 (came installed) - I am such a noob, must read better. Wink

That being said, what exactly is the difference? I don't really see an update for 15.0 ALPHA1 even though it is reporting that there is 1 at start-up. Am I better to uninstall V15 and install 14.1 (and if so, can I restore my settings from 15 to 14.1)?? Sorry kind of a lame newbie question(s).
At this stage in your Kodi career I would highly recommend you install Helix version 14.2 rc1 and keep away from version 15.0 until a lot more work has been done on it. In fact wait until that has its final release.

In order to get to 14.2 rc1 you will have to uninstall 15.0 first. This is done within Android. If you have particular personal settings then you must make a back up of them first and then restore them later. If you answer this post be careful about what add-ons you talk about as this forum has strict rules, better to read the rules first.