Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Start android app from within KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I need to make a custom link in main menu, that will open a specific Android app when clicked.

- I can start the app if i go through programs menu and find it in the list of all Androiod apps.
Clicking on the app name in there (name is DVBPlayer), does start the app succesfully

- I am using skin BELLO that supports customization of main menu.
I edit one existing main menu items, change its custom action to :
StartAndroidActivity(DVBPlayer)

Menu item does nothing when clicked...

PS Also did try: StartAndroidActivity(DVBPlayer, return)
again no luck...

I have found this syntax in Kodi Wiki, but obviously i m doing something wrong...
Anyone can help with the correct syntax? I am using V14.2 rc for Android (arm) build of Mar 11
Maybe i need to revert to older Kodi/XBMC??
Maybe i need to use another skin? Maybe Bello is not that good in custom menu items?

Thank you
posting log error in case this helps:

Code:
13:15:38 T:1086275608   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'startandoidactivity(dvbplayer)' defined
No such action defined?

Meanwhile, a successful call of that app when clicking on its name from within the kodi > programs > list of all apps, is different Confused
Code:
14:27:04 T:1086275608   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::OnClick Trying to run: com.amlogic.DVBPlayer
(2015-03-23, 18:12)rykios Wrote: [ -> ]posting log error in case this helps:

Code:
13:15:38 T:1086275608   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'startandoidactivity(dvbplayer)' defined
No such action defined?

Meanwhile, a successful call of that app when clicking on its name from within the kodi > programs > list of all apps, is different Confused
Code:
14:27:04 T:1086275608   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::OnClick Trying to run: com.amlogic.DVBPlayer

Try:

Code:
StartAndroidActivity(com.amlogic.DVBPlayer)
(2015-03-23, 18:12)rykios Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
No such action defined?

it's android, not andoid ;-)
Many thanks guys! All sorted Smile