Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Listing out sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any way in Kodi that I can see a list of all the sources Kodi is using so that I can manage them and remove ones I don't want.,

I've got some listed several times, but I'm finding it difficult to workout which to remove (as I cant seem to find it).

Thanks.
You need the sources.xml in your userdata folder. See Userdata (wiki) how to locate it.
Can I simply edit it and delete a source if I want to - or is that dangerous?

Also, the Sources file doesn't seem to list out whats a source is (i.e. Movies, tv shows etc), where is that stored? How can I change it?

Thanks
You can edit it with notepad or an xml editor. It's always a good idea to make a backup before you begin so you can reverse changes if things go wrong.
If you haven't named the sources like NAS-Movies, MyPC-TVshows but have given them random names it's not directly visible what content they have. You can compare them with the list in Kodi itself what the content should be.
The list can be found in Kodi in the Video->Files menu (in the Confluence skin).
Editing the sources.xml file directly won't fix duplicates. You'll need an SQL editor for that.
But surely, looking at the sources, I would be able to see any which go to the same path?

(I cant see any duplicates though... and so its not resolved my problem)...

I guess the simplest thing is to delete sources.xml which would effectively remove all sources and then I would need to re-add them manually?