Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrade from RPi 256mb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I've been running openelec on a RPi with 256mb RAM. The slow menus etc are starting to frustrate me and I am now looking at upgrading the box.

Would a newer RPi 2 make much of a difference or am I better off using a NUC / Brix / Vivopc?

I only use it to stream content and the budget is limited.

Thanks
Pi 2 is a massive improvement I started with a pi 256mb then got a 512 model which was a big improvement same with the 512b+ But the pi2 is just so much smoother and faster I haven't even overclocked it as for my needs out of the box it just works even runs aeon nox but I prefer Quartz.
(2015-03-24, 22:35)chclark Wrote: [ -> ]Pi 2 is a massive improvement I started with a pi 256mb then got a 512 model which was a big improvement same with the 512b+ But the pi2 is just so much smoother and faster I haven't even overclocked it as for my needs out of the box it just works even runs aeon nox but I prefer Quartz.
where did you get quartz i couldnt find it.
if you ook in the skin sub forum for quarts the main thread in there has links for the latest version which works with helix.
(2015-03-25, 11:56)chclark Wrote: [ -> ]if you ook in the skin sub forum for quarts the main thread in there has links for the latest version which works with helix.

thanks