Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PC and Kodi on one machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have Kodi on Bay Trail machine and Ubuntu. Remote controlled via flirc from IR remote. Works perfect.
But same time, same room, I have regular desktop PC with windows 7.
I wonder, if I could have both on one machine. Strong machine can easily handle playing HD movie and work as PC same time. It does not happen very often, but sometimes my wife is watching something while I do other stuff on PC.
I would like to keep possibility to control Kodi via remote control. And see only Kodi on TV. Sometimes use only Kodi, sometimes only "PC", sometimes both. Us independent/separated as possible (e.x. I do not want to see on TV windows desktop, only Kodi).

Any ideas? Virtual machines? 2 screens setup? Is it possible? Can it be done? Preferably machine running windows 7.
Any ideas appreciated as I have no clue where to search.

br
marcin
You can connect your PC to your Monitor and your TV at the same time, and then "extend" the Desktop do the second screen(TV) as well.

As long as you don't start Kodi, this area would just be black, and not interfere much with your work on the PC - launch kodi, and set it to be fullscreen on screen #2 and it will be on the TV only and run (and play) even while you use the PC. Only thing I presume would not work is remote input, because the kodi process does not have "focus" while you use the PC...