Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to install Kodi 14.2rc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running Kodi 14.1 and it work well but I want to upgrade to 14.2 but unable to install it.
I download the file with Chrome, click on the file and nothing happen !!!
I tryed several way to download and install it without any success Sad

Any idea of what's wrong with my system Huh

MERCI
Assuming you have an Android box why don't you try again with the Android browser instead.

I always use this to download (I update my Isengard every morning) and it works perfectly well.

BONNE CHANCE
I have a Minix X7 Android Box,

I tried to install it vith CHROME ... Android Browser .... XBMC UPDATER (android app) and ES file explorer (with apk file on my nas, downloaded with windows)
In each case, the downloaded file seems to be good with the correct size, but when I click on it to install it, android ask me what to do, I choose install and after ... nothing happened except return to home screen and Kodi still in 14.1 version Sad
It sounds as though you have a problem with the Android OS itself so, if possible, can you update that?

Also could you try to download the Kodi update file onto a memory stick using another PC and see if that will load, or is that what you mean by "(with apk file.............windows)? If so, my apologies for misunderstanding.

ENCORE UNE FOIS, BONNE CHANCE
hi could you tell me where i can get the new 14,2 from thanks
This is not the thread for that question.

But to help you, just go to the top of this page and look for the download link and then follow your nose.

As you are on Android make sure you choose correctly between the ARM and x86 files.
(2015-03-26, 14:24)aktarus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm running Kodi 14.1 and it work well but I want to upgrade to 14.2 but unable to install it.

MERCI

I have the same problem. It's an issue with the Element Ti4. They are supposed to be working on a "fix." If you want to install 4.2 nbow you have to remove 4.1 off the unit.You will lose your repos that Elelment installed on your system. Once you have removed 4.1 you can install 4.2 and reinstall all the repos. Lots of work for the small number of changes that have been made to 4.2. I've decided to wait until Element fixes the problem or wait until 15.0 comes out.
(2015-03-28, 05:11)digitalsly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-26, 14:24)aktarus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

MERCI

I have the same problem. It's an issue with the Element Ti4. They are supposed to be working on a "fix." If you want to install 4.2 nbow you have to remove 4.1 off the unit.You will lose your repos that Elelment installed on your system. Once you have removed 4.1 you can install 4.2 and reinstall all the repos. Lots of work for the small number of changes that have been made to 4.2. I've decided to wait until Element fixes the problem or wait until 15.0 comes out.

Did Kodi 15 work? Kodi 14.x has the audio setting hard coded to Android, audiotrack on my Element