Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using nVidia Shield Controller on Shield Tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Confluence skin works with the Shield Controller, PDP Rock Candy XBox 360 controller, and PDP Afterglow PS3 controller (though square is select and x is back, you might want to keymap it) I'm gonna test a Wii controller once I'm able to pair the damn thing with my tablet

But if you're like me and want to cover all your bases and make sure everything is the exact way you want it, use keytest.apk (thank you Starstream for posting that a couple years ago) to find out what the keycodes are. I have no idea if this works on the Shield Portable and it will probably work on the Shield Console (which, if I buy one, will be my HTPC more-or-less)

Your keymap.xml should look something like this for a Shield Controller (BTW, the right stick and triggers/L2 and R2 aren't read by keytest so if someone could find out how those can be put into the keymap, that'd be awesome. The Keymap Editor addon won't give me the codes either)

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <gamepad>
            <KEYCODE_DPAD_UP>Up</button>
            <KEYCODE_DPAD_DOWN>Down</button>
            <KEYCODE_DPAD_LEFT>Left</button>
            <KEYCODE_DPAD_RIGHT>Right</button>
            <KEYCODE_BUTTON_A>Select</button>
            <KEYCODE_BUTTON_B">back</button>
        </gamepad>
    </global>
</keymap>

Since I can't figure out how to remap the right stick, it's default bindings are Up/Right are volume up, Down/Left are volume down, pushing the stick brings up the music control menu if music is playing

I will be configuring my controller keymap to work similar to the way it behaves in the Android VLC. I'll post that in a reply to this comment. If anyone requests the keymap code for any other controllers I have tested, I will put the code in the reply as wll

And if Jezz_X reads this, controller support in the home menu of re-Touched would be nice (controller works everywhere else, why not home?)
Reserved