Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Use profile to lock Windows and library deletions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just finished reading this article here: http://kodi.wiki/view/profiles

Would it be possible for me to use profiles to make sure that a user can not:
- Change the view or filter of a window/section
- Delete entries from the library or files itself

I'm hooking up a NAS with my entire content collection to my HTPC and i don't want users to be able to delete library entries or even worse... files/folders (only me when i activate the Administrator/Master profile).
But, i do want them to have writing rights to the NAS location so Kodi can scrape new information and add it while they are using this 'limited' account.
Anyone? Smile
Change the view = Kiosk Mode (certain skins)
files itself = Settings → Appearance → File lists → Allow file renaming and deletion <- make sure that's not enabled.

Hopefully that's a start.

If you are setting up a the second profile, it would have its own database would it not? So who cares if they deleted entries (not the files) from the library, because its their own library, not your master library.
@ helta:
This did the trick for me, thanks!

The only thing i wonder now is:
Say if i only use a single profile and a user deletes an entry from the movie library (even though its hidden behind 2 context menus).
If i rescan for new content, this deleted entry is no longer re-added. Is there an easy way to fix this? Smile
I think that's intentional, because if the user chose to remove it from the library, then Kodi assumes that's what they actually want.

Now, my guess is you could move the physical folder out of your movie source, clean the library, then move the folder back into the source and update the library and it should come back.
@ helta:
Just did a quick test and this works! Something i never actually tried after all these years of using XBMC/Kodi.
Thanks again! Smile
no problem