Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cannot load my videos from F:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. I'm new here so forgive me for asking any stupid questions.

I recently downloaded a version of XBMC. The file was XBMC-CVS_2006-09-18-T3CH

I'm not sure what version I had before but to remove the old all I did was delete all the files from my e:\apps\xbox media centre folder and dump the new ones in there. I rebooted and tried running it.

Well when I go to select my videos from the VIDEOS folder in the XBMC menu the folder is empty. I think it's referring to the VIDEOS folder on my E:, but I put all my videos in the VIDEOS folder on the F:. Do I have to tell XBMC to look in the VIDEOS folder on the F:? I've been trying to find a setting that I can change to do this but haven't found anything helpful. Anyone know how to fix this?
Hi there.

I'm new here too, and by no means an expert user, but I think that the answer to your problem is to properly configure the XBMC.xml file. This will tell XBMC where to find your video files, now that you have relocated them. You will find the file in the XBMC directory, which is normally in E:\Apps\. You can edit the file with any text editor, but it is easier to edit in MSword or FrontPage. Look for a section marked "My Videos". You'll be able to give the exact path to your video files there.

Hope that helps - it's the first advice I've ever offered here so apologies if if got things completely wrong!
My apologies. The file you need to edit is called XboxMediaCenter.xml, not XBMC.xml
RTFM

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde..._Bookmarks
the issue is simply that there's no bookmark to the drives.

and xboxmediacenter.xml is long dead - ignore that.
Ok thanks for the replies. Now I've been trying to read the info on the bookmarks that you posted but I didn't come across anything that tells me how to change anything. Just definitions as to what things are. So how do you go change these settings so that I can create or edit a bookmark to look in my f:\videos for my movies and such? Am I supposed to edit a file? from what folder? I'm really at a loss here. A lot of this stuf isn't making sense.
That link tells you how to add the source through the graphical user interface of XBMC. To get you to where they start you off you need to go into "My Videos" and hit the info button on the remote, or the white button on the controller. Then follow the directions in the link from the previous post http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde..._Bookmarks
Ok I know what you mean now. I was having some difficulty understanding how to add the source but I figured it out. It's working fine now. Just finished watching Rusell Peters - Outsourced on the xbox. Thanks for all of your replies.Nod
This one helped me out too. Thanks! Finally I could get my games on f to load up in XBMC. BTW, using this great program, I keep getting amazed!