Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which ASUS Chromebox to buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to buy a chromebox to run Kodi, but on amazone there are 2 models. The M004U and the M115U. Are they the same hardware wise, and your only paying for the mouse and keyboard?
They're the same Chromebox, with M115U coming bundled with keyboard and mouse.
Is there any good solution for the audio? I would have the HDMI output to the TV, but my sound bar uses optical input, is there a good converter for this?
Does your TV have an optical output you could connect to your sound bar?
(2015-03-31, 22:08)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Does your TV have an optical output you could connect to your sound bar?

Yes my tv does have an optical out
(2015-03-31, 21:08)afmiller Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any good solution for the audio? I would have the HDMI output to the TV, but my sound bar uses optical input, is there a good converter for this?

I hear there's a ChromeBox wiki page which lists all sorts of recommended/compatible accessories, one of which is a USB optical output adapter.
(2015-03-31, 23:33)Matt Devo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-31, 21:08)afmiller Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any good solution for the audio? I would have the HDMI output to the TV, but my sound bar uses optical input, is there a good converter for this?

I hear there's a ChromeBox wiki page which lists all sorts of recommended/compatible accessories, one of which is a USB optical output adapter.

Yes I've been over at the wiki, I must have missed that part, thanks Matt for redirecting me there