Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Connecting, Connecting, Connecting, ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My screen tends to flash between showing the remote and saying "Connecting". Back and forth. It is, however, connected. I can control things just fine, at least so long as I hit buttons between "Connecting" messages. In the same vein, if I tell Kore to play an album, it will complain that it couldn't connect. Despite the message, the correct music always starts just like it should.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I have something mis-configured.

I don't see any other messages here about this, so I'm guessing an issue on my part.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Kit Kat, as up-to-date as Samsung has provided.
It seems it isn't able to maintain the connection to Kodi. Probably a network issue, so you should check that (ports, etc).

You can also try going into the media center configuration (on Kore), and put a wrong port number on the TCP port (this will force it to go through HTTP, which might help, but it's not a permanent solution).
I'm having the same problems and would like to add some extra information:

A previous version of Kore appeared to work fine for me, then some updates, AND my building a new instance of Kodi and the Connection issue appeared.

I am using OpenElec on a Rasberry Pi 2, a One+ phone and Kore. When using Kore for navigating the menus, there are no issues, it is when I start playing a video on my server that these connection/disconnections occure. The remote is active for about 2 - 3 seconds, then it goes back to connecting for 3 to 4 seconds, then the remote for 2 seconds and then back to connecting. I managed to play around and get it to work solid, but I was unable to retrace my steps to reproduce it. The problem does not occur when looking at photos from my server, only videos/movies.

I did notice that if I swiped to the right, I saw something that looks like Java problems.... I did not write it down, but hopefully this will point someone in the right direction.

I used to use KODI remote (a paid app) and I was so happy to see KORE available as it's near perfect in comparison. Alas... Kore stopped working. I don't think it a wireless issue as the KODI remote works fine, if you can live the design layout.....

I did try the putting a wrong port number in, and that made no difference. Once the video stops playing and I'm back to the menu system, the cycling stops.

Regards

Christian
I just managed to snag the error message:

ERROR FETCHING PLAYLIST

Error message: java.net.ProtocolException:
Unexpected status line:

Hope this helps,

Regards

Christian
What Kodi version are you using?
14.2-RC1 on OpenElec 5.0.6
I'm not really sure how to check for network issues, but I know that accessing via SFTP, or Windows Explorer never gives any trouble. Is there a log I should look at? (Sorry for the slow response, I've been away)
@kaptain_zero, @photokevin

Can you check this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224288

I believe the same issue is being discussed, and maybe you can help.
Yes, that looks like exactly the same issue. They've been able to do a lot more in diagnosing the problem and getting logs than I'm able to do.