Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Helix freezes after splash page for about 5 minutes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When starting kodi after the splash page,it freezes for about 5 to 10 minutes showing black screen and a mouse arrow, after that it loads as usual to the homescreen. This happens every time I start Kodi. I have tried to disable logging through advancesettings.xml as i read in some of the forums, but it doesnt help. After hours and hours trying to fix the problem I couldnt find a solution.

PS: Earlier I had installed XBMC gotham, and it too had similar issues for freezes for about 5 to 10 mins. I have re installed multiple times but problem isnt fixed. Somehow I feel its something to do with network because other small time softwares like utorrent sharemouse all freeze at the beginning.

Any help would be appreciated.
Try disabling your cd/dvd drive if you have one (ie unplug it completely) - and see if that helps. I have seen several reports about optical drives causing long startup delays on windows (for reasons unknown)
i get this if mysql server isn't reachable.... but as you say after 5mins all is fine, I'm guessing it's not thisHuh
Hi thanks for the reply, I disabled my cd/dvd drive, restarted system, but same problem occurs when I launch Kodi, any other suggestions?
Guys its fixed , after months of frustration, finally uninstalled Avast, and the problem was solved, crappy Avast was making many programs fail or slow.