Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: advancedsettings.xml not loaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. XBMC v13.1
2. Windows 8.1 64-bit build 9600
3. AMD E1-2500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 2 cores
4. RAM 4 GB
5. xbmc.log says:
NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
7. FULL Debug Log
http://xbmclogs.com/p4gxtoqfw

Based on previous posts from the forum I tried the following:
1. I made sure that the file is in multiple possible locations, just in case
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system
C:\Users\Carlos\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
2. I made sure to give full permission to all users for the file
3. I resaved the file from ANSI to UTF-8

The contents of my advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<video>
<smallstepbackseconds>10</smallstepbackseconds> <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking> <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
<timeseekforward>5</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward> <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to -30. -->
<timeseekforwardbig>20</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
<timeseekbackwardbig>-20</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
</video>

</advancedsettings>

Total n00b here with a first post, so any help to point me in the right direction is much appreciated.
you sure its not named something stupid like advancedsettings.xml.txt?
I am certainly not beyond making silly mistakes like advancedsettings.xml.txt, so I appreciate that recommendation. But I have already checked that. The file extension is .xml.
1st) can you upload the file somewhere?
2nd) are you sure you are using 13.1 (XBMC) and not Kodi?
I am very sorry about my silly mistake. The file name was misspelled. advancedsettings is now read in properly. Much apologies.