Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't find libgnutls28 for ubuntu 15.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using XBMC and Kodi for a while, and now i upgraded for the beta 2 Ubuntu 15.04, and i tried to install Kodi there, but the libgnutls28 isn't available anymore, at least not with the same name, now it is called libgnutls-deb0-28, which prevents me from installing Kodi on Ubuntu 15.04, because Kodi didn't recognizes libgnutls-deb0-28, only libgnutls28, so my question is when will kodi "fix" this problem, or is there an workaround?

I tried seeking help on ask ubuntu, which was where i found out the libgnutls28 new name; http://askubuntu.com/questions/604124/ca...untu-15-04.

Sytem Ubuntu 15.04 64bit BETA2 up-to-date 02/04/2015 all dependencies installed, missing libgnutls28.
Manual installation (terminal)

Installation asks for libgnutls28 or libgnutls26, neither are available for Ubuntu 15.04, they have new names now.
I really wonder if ubuntu/debian does that shit on purpose. You just don't rename such an important package as it breaks A LOT of stuff.
I exactly wondered the same. Some similar issues happen on 14.0.2 installations ... which breaks packaging ...
anyway, 14.2 vivid should be fixed. Nightlies and unstable will be tomorrow.
(2015-04-03, 19:41)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]anyway, 14.2 vivid should be fixed. Nightlies and unstable will be tomorrow.

Thank you for the info, its really sad that this kind of thing happens, they should be more aware of the damage they can cause doing a simple thing like changing names.