Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI 15 - AC3 5.1 Audio Not Working on S802
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

1st post so please excuse any breach of protocol, and I very much hope this is in the right place.

I have a CX-S806 (Android 4.4.2) with AMLogic S802 processor. AC3 - 5.1 audio does not play with current 15.0 Alpha or 4/4/2015 nightly. The same file plays flawlessly under Stane's 13.2 Gotham build of XBMC.

Not only does AC3 not play correctly, it also completely hoses audio on the box requiring a hard (adapter plug) reset.

Isengard is looking great, can't wait for this to get solved as well! You developers rock! I am so stoked to get a KODI build working on the S802 chipset in this box -it came with 13.1 and I was unable to upgrade until I found Stane's 13.2 build for S802 and thought I may be stuck with 13.2. Glad to see S8XX support is being rolled into the main fork.

Willing to test any solutions that are attempted or assist in any way I can.
Does it work with the current stable version, 14.2?
I can try it again, but as I recall, 15 Alpha was the 1st regular KODI build that I could get to run past the initial install and startup... Either 14 did not like to play with Stane's 13.2 or something -I assume it was an S802 SOC AMLogic decoding thing since regular versions of 13.1 forward would not run on the box either. I tried to downgrade to 14.2 last night when I found the problem with 15 and android will not install it after 15... Assume I must tear it down and start over to try -no big deal, it's a test box in my mind anyhow. I'm thinking about selling these boxes and I'd like to have KODI on them and an upgrade path for customers -even though Stane's 13.2 kicks butt!
Uninstalled 15 alpha and Stane`s 13.2 to eliminate any possible interference and tried 14.2 stable again. As before with anything past the 13.1 it came with, up to the 15 alpha -except for Stane`s 13.2 build with S8XX support, I get the initial installing bar, it finishes, I see something (forgot) then "starting Kodi" at the bottom and the screen goes black, pauses a few seconds and back to the Android launcher. Subsequent attempts to start yield only a black screen and return to launcher.

Whatever has been done to add S802 support to Isengard is a definite improvement. Only problem I hit so far was AC3. I'll set it up and try some more testing later tonight/tomorrow, but, so far, AC3 is the only obvious problem and it worked in Stane's 13.2 so I imagine he might be worth asking...
OK, apparently, Problem Solved!

I'll take the hit on this and call it at least in-part Pilot Error.

I downloaded the latest nightly and thought the problem was still there. So, I started trying audio settings and rebooting the box between. Went to System: System Tab: Audio Output and ticked Enable passthrough and Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver, reset the box and voila it worked. I feel dumb for not trying it sooner, but I swear that the 13.2 Stane version I had been running on the box didn't require it and I'm sure it was off in that version because the Volume buttons on my remote worked during playback of AC3 and now I get a "Passthrough audio in use" message displayed when I try that!

But, I guess the important thing is that the (non)issue is resolved. Sorry I didn't twig to it sooner!
(2015-04-04, 11:04)technisol Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

1st post so please excuse any breach of protocol, and I very much hope this is in the right place.

I have a CX-S806 (Android 4.4.2) with AMLogic S802 processor. AC3 - 5.1 audio does not play with current 15.0 Alpha or 4/4/2015 nightly. The same file plays flawlessly under Stane's 13.2 Gotham build of XBMC.

Not only does AC3 not play correctly, it also completely hoses audio on the box requiring a hard (adapter plug) reset.

Isengard is looking great, can't wait for this to get solved as well! You developers rock! I am so stoked to get a KODI build working on the S802 chipset in this box -it came with 13.1 and I was unable to upgrade until I found Stane's 13.2 build for S802 and thought I may be stuck with 13.2. Glad to see S8XX support is being rolled into the main fork.

Willing to test any solutions that are attempted or assist in any way I can.

I'm having the same issue with my Matricom G Box Q and all previous versions of Kodi do work. I thought it may have been the file so I played it on Kodi 14 on my desktop with no issues and it also plays on 14.2 for my Android. I will submit a bug report and include my crashlog when I get the time I'm kinda swamped right now on a bunch of service repair calls at the moment. This issue began at Alpha and its still present in Beta.
As you can see from above, I found a solution in simply turning on passthrough and ticking the box for Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver -never even thought to try just turning the TV speakers back on to see if they got anything because I normally route everything through my speaker system... It may just be that AC3 Dolby is only working on passthrough. Perhaps something to do with recent changes made for AMLogic when they got the hardware decoding enabled?

I did note that any changes to the passthrough settings seemed to require a full reset of the box.