Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Corrupt SD card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I am experiencing a problem with my raspberry pi 2
I have openelec on it on a class 10 Adata microsd card. Every time I shutdown the box the card gets corrupted. I always use the shutdown command built in Kodi and wait 20-30 seconds. I can't boot again afterwards...
I am really pissed about it.
The card is OK, I tested it on a windows pc with mini partition manager (or something like that,); surface scan shows no bad block.
Any ideas? Would I be better off booting from USB? Is there a definitive guide?
Are Adata cards really bad for use in a raspberry? What cards are you guys using?
Too many questions, I know!

EDIT:
Forgot tomention that I power the thing using a 5V 4A brick AND
It reboots fine, no problem, only shutdown, power cord unplugged and replugged causes it to corrupt.
I've read that somewhere before, but can't remember where. I've had absolutely no such issues yet and have used a number of different cards, including generics. I've been using a 5V 2A Stontronics PSU.
I'm no expert but that power brick could be the issue, I understand the pi only takes what is needed but I used a 5v 3a once and I had issues. If you have a spare phone charger, try it and see if you experience the same issues. Of that's ruled out I recommend you get another sdcard, I've had the card from the RPI foundation, amazingly fast for £5 also I heard the Samsung card is really good, seem people discussing it on a few threads. Report back. Good luck
Hmm, it has always worked with this psu... I will do more testing and come back
In the mean time I shut it down using the command sudo halt and it did not corrupt the card any more...
Look through the RPi support thread. You'll see there's a couple threads on it and that there is a known issue with certain SD cards. It's being worked on.