Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plz help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi everyone, i can not get kodi to download. it will only download text. it worked a couple days ago. any idea's?
In settings under security have u ticked the box for installation of unknown sources
(2015-04-05, 09:03)bazzol Wrote: [ -> ]In settings under security have u ticked the box for installation of unknown sources
Yes I do man. But it keeps downloading as a text!
Try a diff version see what happens
It may be obvious but have you tried booting the box by removing the power cable, waiting a minute, then putting the cable back and starting again?

It could be that Android needs a kick up the backside to get back on track.
(2015-04-05, 22:21)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]It may be obvious but have you tried booting the box by removing the power cable, waiting a minute, then putting the cable back and starting again?

It could be that Android needs a kick up the backside to get back on track.
yes done that too. Sad
What device are you trying to get this for (Win,Apple, Ect)
(2015-04-06, 19:32)omen187 Wrote: [ -> ]What device are you trying to get this for (Win,Apple, Ect)
i am using a m8 android box. wanted to download kodi 15.0 elfa 2. i am running kodi 14.2 and seems video lags on playing stuff. the mouths move but not to what they are saying. so wanted to update
How much out of sync is the speech and movement?

If you press OK on your remote and get the menu along the bottom you can see an icon, if that is the right description, of a loudspeaker. Go to that and in the menu that appears you will see Audio Offset, with which you can re-sync the speech and movement.
(2015-04-06, 20:28)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]How much out of sync is the speech and movement?

If you press OK on your remote and get the menu along the bottom you can see an icon, if that is the right description, of a loudspeaker. Go to that and in the menu that appears you will see Audio Offset, with which you can re-sync the speech and movement.

Ok. So is this normal with kodi 14.2?
Not so sure whether it is a problem with Kodi or the app providing the stream. My money would be on the latter.

However, the good news is that Kodi provides a solution as I outlined above.

I have watched different videos from different sources which have required adjustment from zero to 0.3 seconds ahead. It does not sound much but the effect is enormous.
(2015-04-06, 20:52)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]Not so sure whether it is a problem with Kodi or the app providing the stream. My money would be on the latter.

However, the good news is that Kodi provides a solution as I outlined above.

I have watched different videos from different sources which have required adjustment from zero to 0.3 seconds ahead. It does not sound much but the effect is enormous.

Doesn't help! How do I download kodi 15.0 all I get is text!!
In post #8 above you say the mouths move but not to what they are saying. My answer was meant to address that problem, namely the video and sound not in sync.

I am not sure I understand your problem well enough to be of help.

If it were me I would assume something inside is corrupted and I would clear every bit of Kodi off the box by doing a hard boot and start again.

However I hope someone else can fully recognise your problem and offer a less radical solution.
(2015-04-06, 22:24)JNRW Wrote: [ -> ]In post #8 above you say the mouths move but not to what they are saying. My answer was meant to address that problem, namely the video and sound not in sync.

I am not sure I understand your problem well enough to be of help.

If it were me I would assume something inside is corrupted and I would clear every bit of Kodi off the box by doing a hard boot and start again.

However I hope someone else can fully recognise your problem and offer a less radical solution.

Yes what you said I underst but it didn't change mine. If I delete kodi I can't get it back cause every diwnload comes as a text.
This suggestion might not be useful either but why not download the Kodi you want onto a memory stick using another computer and then install it using the Android APK Installer.

Regarding the choice of Kodi, I would not recommend you install v15.0 as a solution to a problem with v14.2.
Pages: 1 2