Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu - System freezes during shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all - this is no clean install, but organical grown setup ;-)

The install was done 'years ago' on an ASROCK ION330HT system, but in the meanwhile I updated/upgraded both the HW and OS (and XBMC -> Kodi).

Current setup is

HW: Zotac CI320
OS: Linux ZBMC 3.16.0-33-generic #44~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 13 10:33:29 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kodi: 14.2

Issue, when I'm trying to shut down the system from Kodi (menu or power button remkote) (or pressing the power button), the system starts to shut down.

I'll get the (old) XBMC logo window with the 5? dots below it blinkinmg from left to rigth.

But after a few second the blinking stops, but the system stays powered on with the frozen logo window.

I've to press the power button for a few seconds to shut it off finally.

As far as I'm concedrned that doesn't happen when I shut it down via the cli!?

Any idea what I might have to adapt?
which Skin do you use?
I have also a Zotac Ci320 and faced this issue a while ago and in my case it was Skin related. For testing switch to the default skin Confluence and try to shutdown again and give feedback.
I'm using CCM atm, but I don't think it's skin related. Sometimes the shutdown works, next time it doesn't. While PXE booting an Ubuntu same happens sometime, so I think it's HW (BIOS) related?!
Old old old bug. Not HW related and most definitely not related to bios or XBMCbuntu or Kodibuntu but very likely to kodi itself. What however its a mystery, hence why its a very old bug becuase it only shows up when it feels like and trying to find reason is near impossible.
Addons -> Services -> Disable the Updater service. Stop kodi (will hang once again). Wait some minutes -> start it again -> fine.