Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install on MX tv android box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I have just down loaded kodi 14.2 to a freshly factory reset android tv box, the download an install went fine but when I open it, it just takes me to a black screen, what am I doing wrong. I'd like to think I have a bit of know how as I've already installed it on a few Macs and PC's for family an friends
I install Isengard nightly every morning and sometimes but not always I can have a blank screen for up to three minutes, which is a long time to sit there and wait if you are expecting some other response.

So, I would suggest you do the same again and just leave it and see if it then loads.
Which box is it? What chipset? I have an S802 based CX-S806 and it does the same thing(installs, goes black, back to android launcher, subsequent runs go right to black) on everything past the XBMC 13.1 it came with except Stane's 13.2 up to KODI 15 Alpha -which works great, but will not yet play AC3 audio files... I assume(yeah, I know...) that this will be consistent through the Amlogic S8XX processor range until fixedHuh

EDIT: My post was intended for the OP, as I was wondering if they had an Amlogic chipset since problems sound similar.
My box is a cheap CS918 whose chipset is Rockchip3188, Quad-core Cortex A9 1.8GHz. It's terrific.

You can get one from Amazon for around £35 or $55 or €50 and install Kodi yourself in about five minutes.
Hi guys,

I have the MX2 XBMC and have moved from Canada to UK but now my box doesn't work right. I have access to the launcher I can't seem to access the internet. Are there any secret resets that I should be running.

VMT