Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: transcoding support ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i just tested the enigma PVR and it works like expected on my android device.

MY enigma2 receiver is a little bit older and has a 400 Mhz CPU, so I can not test it: is the enigma PVR able to run transcoded channels? I cant see any options to enable or disable this function in the add-on.
Are there any other options to manipulate/change/optimize streams in realtime (reducing informations like teletext or additional audiotreams or to correct streams of the television broadcasts ) ?

Thanks in advance

SaEt9000
You may try this..
http://www.huoltovalikko.com/threads/tim...tem.11583/
It transcodes All E2 device's live video to any client...
Thanks for your hint.

But this is not usable in kodi - right?

I'm sure that f.i. the VU+ app can use transcoding. So - that is not the idea. I hoped, that you can use transcoding of enigm2-receiver in kodi as well.

SaEt9000
Nope. TimmyTV is a html-webpage-system done with PHP so you need a win/linux/mac computer to run it and any device to use it (android/iphone/ipad/windows phone) using web brower.

DigiBox can be anything with Enigma2 inside (vu+, micarcleBox, dreambox....)

e.g. VU+ Duo2 device's transcoding quality is plain shit compaired to this. Transcoding with DUO2 hw renders the device almost unusable when using while it's transcoding.

TimmyTV is FAR BETTER/VERSALITE solution, trust me.
I would like to come back to my question.

Thanks for your reply,realjobe, but I am looking for a easy to use solution. And the new enigma receivers have this onboard.

As far as I understand it, for the first step you only have to use the streamin gport 8002 instead of 8002. To be honest: I dont know how to setup the parameters, but may be, this is configurable on the enigma receiver.

So, my question is: can someone please with a newer enigma box with transcoding feature inside make a short est by configurating his live TV client on steraming port 8002 and give feedback here?

Thanks in advance

SaEt9000