Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with playback of x/h 265 encoded videos:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i recently switched from XBMC 13 to Kodi 14.2 to be able to play back x265/h265 encoded video files with XMBC/Kodi.
I have a Home Server / HTPC that is hosting my multimedia center (Kodi).
All videos work fine no matter if they are SD, 720p, 1080p or 3D 1080p as long as they do not use the 265 Codecs.

Playing a h265 encoded video with Kodi results in some kind of "stuttering" followed by an increased playback speed of the video stream (looks like timelaps followed by a massive boost in playback speed for ~1-2 seconds).
The audio stream stays normal during these moments (and after the slowdown followed by the speed up video and audio are still in synch!).
This happens every few minutes during a video (so there is no permanent stuttering/slowding! The video runs fine a few minutes, followed by the described problem, followed by some smooth minutes, rince repeat, etc.).

Playing the same video on the same machine with the latest vlc player works smoothly so it is not a damaged video file and it is not because of a to slow CPU/GPU for h265 decoding...

Specs are:
Windows Server 2012 R2
Kodi 14.2
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i3 @2.0 GHz
this forum is for developers and not for bug reports or support questions - moved...