Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How is Metadata/Thumbnails/Fanart Organized?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I would like to know is: My movies are being scraped with the movie database and thats grabbing all the metadata and fanart Then that fanart is being stored in the thumbnails folder with random looking filenames. What I'd like to know is, which file in our datafolder is telling kodi which image(s) are attached to that certain movie, like the movie poster and which metadata is attached to it aswell? I'm wanting to know this for backup reasons because i've changed certain fanarts around cause some looked better then others. All I want to know is which files/folders should I keep to save those exact images that I've left off. I don't want to re-scrape and select the fanart that I like the best again. I'm backing up certain files then reinstalling kodi for certain reasons. Thanks alot if you can help! :]
There's no reason to worry about all that.

You can just install the XBMC Backup add-on and back up your entire Kodi setup.

Or you can go to System / Video / Export media library, then export the files separately and each thumb, fanart, etc. that you're using will get copied to the folder where your media is stored.
(2015-04-06, 17:35)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]There's no reason to worry about all that.

You can just install the XBMC Backup add-on and back up your entire Kodi setup.

Or you can go to System / Video / Export media library, then export the files separately and each thumb, fanart, etc. that you're using will get copied to the folder where your media is stored.

I know that. I use backup addon, but it messed up last time saying all the files werent there so now my kodi keeps crashing with certain stuff. So I just want to know which files to keep then keep those files and copy them back into a clean kodi install.