Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi video playback runs slow in full screen then windowed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi 14.2 on a Mid 2009 Macbook pro running mac osx yosemite 10.10.2. Specs are 2.53 intel core 2 duo, 8gb ddr3 ram, nvidia geforce 9400m 256mb. In windowed mode kodi runs fine. In full screen mode when am watching a live tv stream or a movie stream and then exit to the confluence interface with the video running in the background the video slows down alot and goes out of sync. When I go back to the video exiting out of the confluence interface the slow out of sync video speeds up and gets synced back and the video plays fine. So the problem only occurs 1) in kodi fullscreen mode 2) when the video plays in the background and am in the confluence interface. In windowed mode no issues at all. I haven't tried local media so can only say this occurs on streams. If this is a normal thing in the mac osx environment then I will just watch it in windowed but if there is a solution please let me know. I'm a complete noob when it comes to logs if someone can link me a tutorial on how to get and paste it here I will do it. Thanks in advance
its not a known issue really. Is it dependend on the played material? Also what are your settings in settings-video-playback and settings-video-acceleration?
ohh and please post a debug log (wiki) from the fullscreen use case ehile backgrounding the played video
Thanks for the reply memphiz. Surprisingly I can't reproduce the issue I had earlier. I had it since I installed kodi up till the afternoon today, but right now its playing fine. I played the same files and all ok. Weird. Anyways if it comes again I will update this thread with the logs. Thanks