Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trouble in Paradise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greeting and thank you for reading and hopefully some answers to help me out. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Zoomtak T8 Android 4.4Smart TV Box Amlogic S802 Kitkat quad core 4k Fully Rooted. All was well until I tried to upgrade it from XBMC to Kodi. Now I cannot get Kodi to come up, whenever I click on the icon it starts loading a bunch of stuff saying Kodi is now superuser of ... then it goes to the screen where you pick the movies and live tv and what not then cycles right back to the "My Apps" folder. XBMC isn't even there anymore so nothing happens when I click on that.

I have tried reloading but it does the same thing. Is there a guide on how to build one of these boxes from the ground up or is there a master reset for taking things back to the way they where when they where shipped? The person I bought it off of tells me I screwed it up and he will not warranty the box now so I would like to figure this out and get it working again. Any help would be appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks,

Ed
Please contact your dealer for support questions.
I'd be surprised if installing an apk voids warranty
If you have not already done so I recommend you uninstall both XBMC and Kodi, reboot the box, then install again Helix 14.2 from the official site.

See how that goes. Good luck!
but, but ... all my "live TV" apps will be gone... Smile
but, but ... you cannot use the box as it is, so you will just have to reinstall your live TV apps again, but then you will use the Kodi Back Up add-on to make a back up of your personal settings, won't you?
But, but ... It still wont fix the original issue of "live tv" apps not working... Pirates have to fix it first
Apologies, amet. I now realise I was answering you and not the original poster, AbitLost.
Smile all good
Thank you for your help. I really don't know what the "Live TV" thing is as of yet. I just got the box and am just trying to understand it and figure out what all it has to offer. I will try the complete uninstall and reinstall and see if this doesn't work for me. I figure the "but but" slur is in reference to people saying this before but I am not those people, I am only looking for help in the issue I created myself and since I am new to this kind of technology I thought I would come here and ask the "experts". Thank you JNRW for your answer and will let you know the outcome.
as mentioned above, make sure to make a backup or else you might be left with a blank slate once you uninstall and reinstall.
Can you hook these boxes up to your computer monitor with an HDMI cable and then hook up your mouse and keyboard, which are USB, to make changes quickly? The remote is really slow. And is there a place in the box for backups or is this an app I need to download? Sorry for all the questions, I am going to start working on this tonight and am trying to get as much info as I can before I start.
Yes, the remote is a pain when trying to do serious adjustments. You can, however, simply plug in a keyboard and mouse, both of which will work in Android and Kodi. You do not need to use your PC monitor, assuming, of course, you are using your TV, although I believe you can connect the box to the monitor via an HDMI cable.

If you are going to get serious about this I would advise you to invest in an air mouse with keyboard, costing between 10 and 20 pounds, dollars, euros. It makes life so much easier.

Regarding back up Kodi provides a perfect add-on called Back Up, which you will find in the Program add-ons. You will probably have to enable it first and then choose your settings. Despite the add-on's name it also does the restore. If you want I would be happy to help you more via PMs if you prefer. I was at your stage 15 months ago and know what it is like!